Unable to open packages in Trados Studio
Thread poster: Louise Gough

Louise Gough  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:29
German to English
+ ...
Mar 25, 2011

I've done a search and can't find any similar queries, so apologies if this question has been asked before!

I have only just started using Trados Studio although I purchased it over a year ago (most clients have only wanted Workbench until now, so that's what I've been using.) I now find that, although I can open and work on individual files in Studio, I get the following error message whenever I try to open a package: “Unsupported project file version detected: 3.1.0.0. The project cannot be loaded.” Could it be something to do with Service Packs? I have not obtained any since purchasing Studio - since I haven't actually been using it - but am not sure if it's possible to go straight to SP3, as I think SP1 and SP2 might already have been included when I bought the sofware. Or could the problem be due to some other reason?

Any ideas on how to resolve this would be greatly appreciated.

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 23:29
French to German
+ ...
You should have the same SP as the creator of the package Mar 25, 2011

The problem may indeed be caused by a version incompatibility.

The current version is SP3 (+ CU 10). If you have an older version (pre-SP3) and try to open a package that has been created with SP3 you will get this error message.

Please check which version you have and upgrade it.

Service packs are full installs, meaning that you do not need to install them all but always only the latest. To upgrade your system to the latest version, you only need to download the SP3 installer from your customer account and install it. Once installed, use the inbuilt Upgrade function to install the latest Cumulative Update.

Walter

[Bearbeitet am 2011-03-25 16:48 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to open packages in Trados Studio

Advanced search

Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search