Apply translation automatically
Thread poster: Nagme Yazgin

Nagme Yazgin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:56
English to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 25, 2011

How do I apply the best match automatically into the text without having to press the apply translation button or using the shortcut?

I have set the options-editor-automation 'apply best match after successful lookup' which is fine. but sometimes the suggestion in the tm project table (automated suggestions) do not match the ones that appear in text. so i constantly need to press 'apply translation'.

is there a way of getting only the best suggestion in both the project table and the text?

thank you!

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 03:56
French to German
+ ...
Studio automatically inserts the best match Mar 27, 2011

I am not sure I understand what you mean. Studio will automatically insert into the Editor the suggestion from the TM that has the highest matching rate.
You only need to use the button "Apply translation" if you prefer to use another suggestion (with a lower match rate).

What do you mean by "sometimes the suggestion in the tm project table (automated suggestions) do not match the ones that appear in text"?
What do you call the 'project table'? Do you mean the 'Translation results' window? If yes, it always shows the suggestions that match the text of the segment you are translating to at least 70 % unless you changed that value. If you get too many unsuitable suggestions, you may need to raise the match rate in 'Project Settings -Translation Memory and Automated Translation - Search - Minimum match value'.

is there a way of getting only the best suggestion in both the project table and the text?

What do you consider to be the "best suggestion"? For Studio, it is the one with the highest match and that is what gets inserted.

Walter

Nagme Yazgin  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 02:56
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Translation results window Mar 27, 2011

Hi Walter,

Thank you very much for your response.

Let me try againicon_smile.gif

Sometimes, the best result in the translation results window and the best result given within the text do not match.

Most of the time, the best result that appears in the translation results window is around %88, whereas the one that appears within the Trados-Excel document is %96. In this case, as I would like to see exactly what changes to make, I press 'Apply Translation', and start off from %88 match, rather than %96.

What I'm wondering is why am I not getting the best result in the translation results window?

I hope this is a better explanation of what's going on.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Can you see all results in the 'Translation results' window? Mar 27, 2011

Sometimes, the best result in the translation results window and the best result given within the text do not match

This is not possible because the result inserted into the text in the Editor comes from the 'Translation Results' window, which means that it MUST appear there.

Could it be that the size of your 'Translation Results' window is too small to display all results? In such a case you might only see the 88% match and not the 96% match.

Try to increase the size of your Translation Results window by moving the horizontal dividing bar towards the bottom of your screen.

Walter

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
review? Mar 27, 2011

Just wondering whether your text has already been translated and you are reviewing it?
In that case the translation in the source segment might not be in your TM and it might show a 96% match from another TM. Of course, it would not appear in the translation results window.
Or maybe I'm confusing matters?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Apply translation automatically

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search