https://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/195265-trados_studio_2009_does_not_generate_target_inx_files.html

Trados Studio 2009 does not generate target .INX files
Thread poster: alistalo
alistalo
alistalo  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:29
German to Finnish
+ ...
Mar 27, 2011

I have an .INX file to translate and I'm using Trados Studio 2009 (most up-to-date version). Translation went well but now I cannot generate/save the target files. Instead I get error message "Failed to save target content: Resource (tag) with ID '' has no translatable items at Control ID '"

Does anyone know a solution for this?

Thanks in avance.

Walter Blaser
Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 22:29
French to German
+ ...
Did you run a VERIFY? Mar 27, 2011

This is probably due to a error in the tags (missing, incomplete, etc.)

Run the verifier (F8) to find out in which segment the error lies and correct it.

Walter

alistalo
alistalo  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:29
German to Finnish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes and found a solution Mar 27, 2011

Yes, I did run Verify alreay earlier. There was an untranslated segment on purpose - in original a German sentence split into many segments with a bulleted list in the middle and all the verbs after the list... Impossible to translate properly into Finnish. So the translation will now have a "." in a separate row. And I can generate the target translation.

Thanks for the advice, it was almost too simple

Owen Witesman
Owen Witesman
Local time: 14:29
Finnish to English
+ ...
had same problem Jan 14, 2012

I had the same problem just now. Just adding some dummy text to all untranslated segments fixed it.

Ridha Harwan
Ridha Harwan
Indonesia
Local time: 03:29
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Thank you Matur Nuhun Nov 28, 2013

Allhamdulillah, thank you its works. Just empty your error messages after verifying process (F8).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 does not generate target .INX files

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »