Exporting only part of a project in WinAlign
Thread poster: poppie

poppie
Local time: 19:55
Mar 27, 2011

Hi,
I've aligned about half of a rather large document, and I don't need to align the other half. Is there any way to export only those sentences I've already aligned, or simply erase the ones I don't need? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Export only the confirmed segments Mar 27, 2011

When you say "I have aligned half ...", I guess you mean that you visually checked half of the document, which would mean that you have confirmed those segments. As the once that you have not yet checked are not confirmed, you can simply export only the 100% segments. It will not export the segments that you have not yet confirmed.

Walter

poppie
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Mar 27, 2011

It's just that I thought that the software exports all aligned segments, whether I've confirmed them or not (I guess that by "confirm" you mean that I clicked on the "commit" button for each pair).

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Yes, I meant 'commit' ... Mar 28, 2011

... and with the 'Export Threshold Slider' in the Project Settings (tab Export), you can decide which units do get exported. If you move it to the right (100 %), WinAlign will only export committed units.

BTW: you do not need to 'commit' each pair individually. You can visually move down all your aligned units up to the first that is not correctly aligned, select the last one that is correct, right-click and select 'Commit - Up to active unit'. IF necessary, click on *Realign structure from active unit and go on checking, then commit again the entire series of units that are OK, and so on.

This is the fastest way to check the alignment.

Walter

[Bearbeitet am 2011-03-28 11:17 GMT]

poppie
TOPIC STARTER
I get it now Mar 28, 2011

Thanks for your assistance.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting only part of a project in WinAlign

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search