Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 07:56
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Mar 27, 2011

Hi,

I have been facing this problem for some time.

When I receive a TTX or a ITD extension file, it does not let me, well, most of segments. This is disturbing because of sentence structure in Turkish is different (S+V location). When this happens, I cannot join the segment and therefore some tags do not become available where they are supposed to be.

Today, I realize that SDLX allow joining that specific segment where Trados 2009 SP3 does not.

I am sure I am not aware of some rules or trick.

I would be happy if someone can help me with this.

Thank you in advance.

Hakan

p.s. On a personal note. One of the agencies I work with use older version (I think 2007) because of license cost and migration issues. Most of the explanation I give to them is "well, we can't do that in Trados 2009".

Latest version is supposed to be a all-encompassing of previous features. But it is not.
"I cannot directly import .txt version TM to my TM"
"I cannot return bilingual file in the source file format"
"I cannot clean/unclean in Trados 2009"

There are some solutions to those. But, why do I have to go back to 2007 version tools, I bought the latest version.

Sorry. Just wanted to speak out this.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 does not join segments in ITD file which SDLX can

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search