Thread poster: Maria Johansson

Maria Johansson  Identity Verified
Sweden
Local time: 07:24
Swedish to English
+ ...
Mar 28, 2011

Hi there,

I keep getting 'enumeration already finished' when trying to export my word file and therefore not being able to save it. I have already tried everything it seems (restarted a new project and matching everything automatically with the updated TM, reindexing the TM, etc.) but to no avail.

Initially the issue seemed to be related to a bad translation (one term translated into two different translations) but this has been removed without any change.

Please let me know if you are able to help / have any idea about what could help as the project deadline was yesterday!

Any help appreciated

Thanks
Maria

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to repair the original Word file Mar 28, 2011

From your description I would really assume the problem is in Word itself.
Try to use Open&Repair function in Word, save the file in a different format (i.e. 2007 instead of 2003) and under a new name and try this file.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Can you preview the source document? Mar 28, 2011

Try to preview the source document. If this succeeds, you will know that the error has been introduced during translation and you need to find the culprit (segment).

If the preview of the source fails, then either the document is somehow corrupt or incompatible with Studio's file filter. In that case, try - as suggested by Jerzy - to use a different format of the Word document (.DOC instead of .DOCX, or repair or copy to a new empty doc or convert to OpenOffice).

Walter

Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Still no luck Mar 28, 2011

Thanks very much both, I have tried to repair the document and save it as .doc as well as .docx but the .doc file cant be read and with the .docx file the problem remains.

When trying to save and open as open office document i get an error saying
'failed to load OpenOfficeFilterXconverter.dll', any idea how to solve this?

I get the original error message when trying to preview the document so assume it is a problem with the doc itself rather than translation.

Hope you can help!

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Save as rtf Mar 28, 2011

Open in Word, save as DOCX.
If that does not help. open the original document in Open Office and save as doc.
If that still does not help, then you most probably will have to ask the customer for help creating a new, working document.
Are there any text boxes or graphis in the file?

Sweden
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Great advise! Mar 28, 2011

A million thanks! Saving as open office and then to doc helped, but removed all the graphics so it seems they caused the issue.

Thanks again, this has saved the day indeed!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't export target file from Trados 2009

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search