Corrupted Installation Package for Multiterm 2007 Professional SP1
Thread poster: pep

pep
Local time: 03:21
English to Spanish
Mar 28, 2011

Hello All,

I downloaded from My Account at SDL.com website the installable for Multiterm 2007 Professional (SDLMultiTerm2007DesktopSP1NoPF.exe). On SDL website, the file is dated 03-Jan-2008.

When I launch the installable, I get the following error from the installer after files are uncompressed: "The contents of this file cannot be unpacked. The executable you are attempting to run has been corrupted. Please obtain another copy of the file, verify its integrity, and try again."

The donwload was tried via HTTP, FTP, and also from different computers, networks and even Internet connections.

I find strange that SDL has had a corrupted installer since early 2008.

Did anyone successfully install this particular version of Multiterm (i.e. Multiterm 2007 Professional with SP1 included)?

Regards,
Pep.

Direct link Reply with quote

Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
same problem here Mar 29, 2011

Hi!

I'm having exactly the same problem and I don't know what to do or whom to turn to, so any advice would be greatly appreciated (I'm at my wits' end).

Thanks in advance for any feedback!

Rosa

Rosa Diez Tagarro  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2003)
English to Spanish
+ ...
solved! Mar 29, 2011

In my case it was a problem related to Multiterm 2009. Have you also installed this, Pep? If you have, then I can tell you what to do.

Best of luck!

Rosa

pep
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
Not Multiterm 2009 related Mar 29, 2011

Nope, Multiterm 2009 is not involved. We tried it on several machines, none of them with Trados Studio 2009 or even Trados 2007.

Since WinRAR is able to recognize the installer, if I extract files with WINRAR at some point I also get a file corruption message from WinRAR. It looks a file corruption at source to me.

How did you avoid the issue? Are you somehow managing to avoid reading the corrupted file during your install?

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Interrupted download? Mar 29, 2011

Some times it happens to me that, when downloading a file (from SDL or elsewhere) and the download process is interrupted for some reason, the file is corrupted.

If try downloading again, Internet Explorer (or Firefox), seems not to download the file from the source but to copy it from its temporary folder (i.e. I get the same corrupted file again).

A workaround that works for me is to try downloading again and give the target file a different name. This way, it is not copied from the temporary files but downloaded from the source again.

Daniel

pep
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
That was it Mar 30, 2011

Thanks Daniel,

It seems that downloading large files from the SDL site is a little bit prone to corruption and some caveats may apply.

Deleting temporary files, choosing FTP, adding the download site as a trusted site, and turning off Windows Firewall and Windows Defender, according to a doc called CRC.pdf that was provided to us by SDL technical support on the incident allowed the file to finally download fine.

Pep.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
English
Double-check on SDL side Mar 30, 2011

Dear pep and Daniel,

Just to inform you that following this thread we have double-checked the installer and connections on our side, and all should be fine.

Like pep found out, the installer may get corrupted during transfer by any sort of security software or download accelerator, but please let us know whenever you have troubles with your downloading.

Best route is to go to the "Download and Installation Problems" Solution Finder:

• Download and Installation Problems
  • I have a problem with downloading my software.
  • Downloading is slow, hangs, does not start, or times out.

Best regards,
Judith

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Corrupted Installation Package for Multiterm 2007 Professional SP1

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search