Thread poster: JHosary

JHosary  Identity Verified
Slovakia
Local time: 09:26
Arabic to Slovak
+ ...
Mar 30, 2011

Dear All,

i'd really appreciate if anyone can help me with the following issue in Tag Editor.

I've finished translating a word document which i received as ttx in tag editor. When i wanted to clean up the file i received a message about not matching tags, so i used F8 and fixed most of the spacing errors. I have now two verification messages left and i can't find the way how to solve this. When i double click on the message (There are spacing differences between source and translation after tag ) it points to a TU marker. I can't see any spacing differences. None of the tags are missing or misplaced.

I've tried many things, changed the verification level, but nothing seems to work.

Thank you.

[Edited at 2011-03-30 12:55 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
File format? Mar 30, 2011

Exact error messages? Did you test the file before you started to translate?

Slovakia
Arabic to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
no Mar 30, 2011

No i haven't tested the file. i had the same messages in the rest of the file and fixed it successfully. I can't figure out these two units.

Slovakia
Arabic to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
file clean up Mar 30, 2011

If there is a way how can I clean up the file without fixing this mistake i can do that. That's what i'm trying to do anyway, just clean up the file and deliver it to the client.

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
No cleanup for TTX files Mar 30, 2011

Please answer my questions: file type? Error messages, exact please?

Aaron Kakesse  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 03:26
Member (2010)
English to French
About Trados Tag Mar 30, 2011

Hi,
welcome to my Word with Trados. I went through the same problem. Trados maker needs to make this CAT user friendly (to me it's not!). This is my trick to avoid missing tags in target text: Just copy the whole source into the target field, then write over to replace with traget language without damaging the tags.
Hope this works for you.

Aaron

Slovakia
Arabic to Slovak
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
file type DOC Mar 30, 2011

To Jerzy:

file type: word document
error message after running tag verifier: Error while converting to Word document
verification message: There are spacing differences between source and translation after tag
error message in clean up window: Error while converting to Word document

Thank you for all your effrt.

To Aaron:

I usually use your method with complicated segments full of tags. And i've redone the problematic segments using this method but it didn't work this time.

Thanks

Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Looks like your source file was already corrupted Mar 30, 2011

Spacing differences do not matter here.
Please a copy of the source file again, translate one or two sentences, then try to save target. Most certainly this will not work.
If so, please close TagEditor, open Word. Use Open&Repair (in Word press CTRL+O, then show the file and instead of pressing Open in the dialog box press the arrow pointing down beside the word Open, chose Open&Repair). Save as Word 2007 (docx). If you did not install the MS Office compatibility pack, do that. Then save as Word 2007. Close Word. Open the file again, save under a new name as Word 2003. Test this file. If it works, use TM for translation.
If it does not work, open the file in Open Office and save as doc. If this still does not help, contact me please off list.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Need for help with Error while converting to Word Document

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search