Installing MultiTerm 2009 SP4: "Next" button greyed out
Thread poster: Steffen Kern
Steffen Kern
Local time: 13:11
English to German
Mar 30, 2011

Hi,

I'm trying to install MultiTerm 2009 SP4, but the wizard only takes me as far as this screen, in which the next button is greyed out, so I can not proceed.

I looked around, if maybe another message popped up behind it, but there is none. Any ideas how to solve this???

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 13:11
English
Manually uninstall previous versions + tips for Windows 7 Mar 31, 2011

Dear Steffen,

Somehow the installer does not manage to remove earlier version(s) of MultiTerm on your machine. Can you please check via the Control Panel which versions you currently have of SDL MultiTerm 2009, and then manually remove them? If you do not need SDL MultiTerm 2007 to connect to a MultiTerm server, then we strongly recommend to remove that from your machine as well - you can use SDL MultiTerm 2009 in SDL Trados 2007 as well as in SDL Trados Studio 2009.

From the screenshot it looks like you have Windows 7. Please make sure you have your UAC disabled (KB article #3194) when un/installing and also read article #3310.

If you keep having this problem, please go to our Solution Finder on http://kb.sdl.com/index.aspx?t=sf and use the following path:

• Download and Installation Problems
  • I get an error message during installation.
  • I am installing SDL MultiTerm 2009.
  • I have disabled UAC during installation / I do not have Windows Vista or Windows 7.
  • I receive an error message during installation that is different from the ones listed here.

I realize it is not an error message that you receive, but please use the above path anyway to end up in the correct queue for our Support team.

Best regards,
Judith

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Installing MultiTerm 2009 SP4: "Next" button greyed out

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search