Nick Quaintmere
Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 23:15
German to English
+ ...
Mar 30, 2011

The full error message is:

QuickInserts will not be available. Failed to create Framework 1 plug-in filter components.
Java class not found: com/trados/filters/interfaces/CustomInfoProperties
[File type ID: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0]

Clearly, I am trying to process an InDesign file [the bane of Trados, it seems]. However, the file has already been converted to TTX.

I have installed all the latest updates, service packs, etc. So what is w
... See more
The full error message is:

QuickInserts will not be available. Failed to create Framework 1 plug-in filter components.
Java class not found: com/trados/filters/interfaces/CustomInfoProperties
[File type ID: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0]

Clearly, I am trying to process an InDesign file [the bane of Trados, it seems]. However, the file has already been converted to TTX.

I have installed all the latest updates, service packs, etc. So what is wrong this time? Trying to open the INX file directly does not help. Trados cannot even convert it into an SDLXIFF.

Any ideas?
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Try to use "Register Trados 2007" utility Mar 30, 2011

from Start - All Programs ... Trados
Close Studio, let this utility run and then open Studio and try again.

Nick Quaintmere
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados 2007 utility? Mar 30, 2011

I'm open to all suggestions, but how is the Trados 2007 utility going to help me with a Trados 2009 problem?

Nick Quaintmere
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Additional info Mar 30, 2011

Perhaps I should have mentioned this from the start!

The problem is occurring during initial processing. The document converts to SDLXIFF from TTX, and copies to target language but the process breaks down in the next stage [Analyze files/Pre-translate files/Translation count] meaning that I cannot do anything with the file.

The TTX is editable in Tag Editor - but what a nightmare! I'll be working at it for days with that!

PS. I tried Jerzy's remedy
... See more
Perhaps I should have mentioned this from the start!

The problem is occurring during initial processing. The document converts to SDLXIFF from TTX, and copies to target language but the process breaks down in the next stage [Analyze files/Pre-translate files/Translation count] meaning that I cannot do anything with the file.

The TTX is editable in Tag Editor - but what a nightmare! I'll be working at it for days with that!

PS. I tried Jerzy's remedy and it had no effect.

[Edited at 2011-03-30 22:42 GMT]
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Please ask the customer for the inx file Mar 31, 2011

and create the ttx file on your machine.
This might work.

Nick Quaintmere
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Already have the INX Mar 31, 2011

and tried creating my own TTX - same problem. The first two processes run through ok, but process 3, 4 and 5 break down at 5% [it's always 5%, interestingly enough]

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
A few suggestions Mar 31, 2011

Hello Nick,
if you have the INX, why not load it directly into Studio instead of the TTX workaround? Or is it your client who requires a TTX file?
If so, you might want to try the following.
1. Open the TTX file in Notepad
2. Press CTRL+H, find Type="start" and replace it with nothing, i.e. leave the "Replace with" field blank
3. Do the same with RightEdge="angle"
4. Try to reload these TTX files into Studio.

It might be working.

Nick Quaintmere
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Trados also won't open the INX Mar 31, 2011

Something else, I apparently forgot to mention.

But the workaround sounds like it my be an interesting option. At the moment, I am about 2/3s of the way through translating the file in TagEditor, so it's probably not worth switching now. But I'll try it out later and report back if it worked.

I am wondering if the problem is actually in the original INX file as I opened it in InDesign with the idea of saving it as an IDML file and that didn't work either ...

... See more
Something else, I apparently forgot to mention.

But the workaround sounds like it my be an interesting option. At the moment, I am about 2/3s of the way through translating the file in TagEditor, so it's probably not worth switching now. But I'll try it out later and report back if it worked.

I am wondering if the problem is actually in the original INX file as I opened it in InDesign with the idea of saving it as an IDML file and that didn't work either ...

Having said that, the only workable file I have is from my customer who converted the INX to TTX with Trados 6.5(!). Why it worked for him and not me is inexplicable.
Collapse

Jerzy Czopik
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
TTX from T6.5 is not cmpatible with Studio Mar 31, 2011

This does explain the trouble you've had.
I do wonder too, how the customer got the INX so far, but unfortunately I am also quite certain the TTX will not produce the INX back even at the customers machine...

The best solution would be IMHO to get the original INDD file from the customer, produce an IDML, import TTX into TM and translate in Studio. This is what I would go for.

Nick Quaintmere
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I may be wrong about the Trados version ... Mar 31, 2011

they may indeed have Trados 7/2007. And I'm certainly having no problems creating an INX from the TTX (that's a small comfort at least!).

Your solution may be the best one, Jerzy. Unfortunately, time no longer allows this ...

Nick Quaintmere
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Full text of the error Apr 1, 2011

I tried Stanislav’s solution and unfortunately got the same result.

Here is the full xml text of the error, maybe that will shed some light:

- |SDLErrorDetails time="01.04.2011 13:52:26"|
|ErrorMessage|QuickInserts will not be available. Failed to create Framework 1 plug-in filter components. Java class not found: com/trados/filters/interfaces/CustomInfoPro... See more
I tried Stanislav’s solution and unfortunately got the same result.

Here is the full xml text of the error, maybe that will shed some light:

- |SDLErrorDetails time="01.04.2011 13:52:26"|
|ErrorMessage|QuickInserts will not be available. Failed to create Framework 1 plug-in filter components. Java class not found: com/trados/filters/interfaces/CustomInfoProperties [File type ID: TRADOS Indesign Filter 1.0.0.0]|/ErrorMessage|
- |Exception|
|Type|Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.FileTypeSupportException, Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=c28cdb26c445c888|/Type|
|HelpLink /|
|Source|Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter|/Source|
- |StackTrace|
- |![CDATA[
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter.TtxQuickTagsFactory.PopulateQuickTagDefinition(IQuickTagAdministrator qt, String startContent, String endContent, Boolean isWellKnownFormatting)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter.TtxQuickTagsFactory.AddQuickTag(et_QuickTag eo_tag, String startContent, String endContent)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter.TtxQuickTagsFactory.SetForFilterDefinition()
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.ConvertAdapter.TtxQuickTagsFactory.GetQuickTags(IFileProperties fileProperties)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Helpers.TranslationUtils.GetQuickTags(IFileTypeManager filterManager, IFileProperties fileProperties)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.get_QuickTags()
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.CreateTranslation(TaskSegmentSearchData segmentSearchData, SearchResult searchResult)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.TranslationMemoryLookupImpl.GetBestTranslation(ParagraphUnitId paragraphUnitId, SegmentId segmentId)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.Translate.TranslateContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.BilingualContentHandlerAdapter.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.OutputParagraphs()
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.ProcessWaitingParagraphs()
at Sdl.ProjectApi.AutomaticTasks.TranslationMemoryLookupContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Filters.Processors.SegmentRenumberingBilingualProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.BilingualApi.AbstractBilingualContentProcessor.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.LocationMarkerLocator.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.AbstractBilingualProcessorContainer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit paragraphUnit)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.ParagraphUnitBuffer.OutputParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit pu)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Core.Utilities.BilingualApi.ParagraphUnitBuffer.ProcessParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit pu)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.OutputParagraphUnit(IParagraphUnit pu)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseLocalizableParagraphUnit(transunit transunit, LockTypeFlags lockFlags)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseTransUnit(transunit transunit)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseGroup(group group)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseBodyItem(Object fileItem)
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ContinueParsing()
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Bilingual.SdlXliff.XliffFileReader.ParseNext()
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.FileExtractor.ParseNext()
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.ParseNext()
at Sdl.FileTypeSupport.Framework.Integration.MultiFileConverter.Parse()
at Sdl.ProjectApi.Implementation.TaskExecution.ContentProcessingTaskImplementation.TaskFileExecuter.Execute()
]]|
|/StackTrace|
|/Exception|
- |Environment|
|ProductName|SDL Trados Studio|/ProductName|
|ProductVersion|9.1.0.0|/ProductVersion|
|EntryAssemblyFileVersion|9.1.2269.4|/EntryAssemblyFileVersion|
|OperatingSystem|Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium|/OperatingSystem|
|ServicePack|Service Pack 1|/ServicePack|
|OperatingSystemLanguage|1031|/OperatingSystemLanguage|
|CodePage|1252|/CodePage|
|LoggedOnUser|Nick-TOSH\Nick|/LoggedOnUser|
|DotNetFrameWork|2.0.50727.5420|/DotNetFrameWork|
|ComputerName|NICK-TOSH|/ComputerName|
|ConnectedToNetwork|True|/ConnectedToNetwork|
|PhysicalMemory|4052588 MB|/PhysicalMemory|
|/Environment|
|/SDLErrorDetails|

(I had to replace the > and the < in the XML with "|" otherwise the text didn't show up)
Collapse

Andrzej Lejman
Andrzej Lejman  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2004)
German to Polish
+ ...
Same error message Apr 5, 2011

is displayed every time when I'm trying to copy something from source into target. It's very annoying.

Any remedy?

Regards

A.

Nick Quaintmere
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Update Java Apr 5, 2011

I received this tip from a non-ProZ source (Ms. Anna Kuzminsky) who came across this thread in the net.

She advised uninstalling and reinstalling Java - which is what I did and this seemed to solve the problem.

That is to say, I retained the old Java J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 which is needed for Trados 2007 (which I am still forced to used occasionally for various reasons: for winalign, or for formats that Studio still cannot cope with) and only updated it to includ
... See more
I received this tip from a non-ProZ source (Ms. Anna Kuzminsky) who came across this thread in the net.

She advised uninstalling and reinstalling Java - which is what I did and this seemed to solve the problem.

That is to say, I retained the old Java J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 which is needed for Trados 2007 (which I am still forced to used occasionally for various reasons: for winalign, or for formats that Studio still cannot cope with) and only updated it to include special character support. And deinstalled Java (TM) 6 Update 14 and replaced it with the current version (Update 24).

This seems to have done the trick. Thank you Ms Kuzminsky!

[Edited at 2011-04-05 22:53 GMT]
Collapse

Hakan Kiyici
Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 00:15
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
yes, that is the case Aug 29, 2012

Yes, it was Java. I upgrade Java to 7 and it worked properly.

Thank you for the solution.

Hakan Kiyici

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 2009 SP3 "Quick Inserts will not be available ..."

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »