Unable to analyse or clean up Word file using Trados 2007
Thread poster: Ian Bradburn

Ian Bradburn
Mexico
Local time: 16:24
Swedish to English
+ ...
Mar 31, 2011

I'm having trouble processing a Word file in Trados 2007. I get an error message saying that the document contains tracked changes that have not been accepted. However, the document doesn't contain any tracked changes, nor is it marked up in any way. Does anybody have any advice what to do next?

Thanks

Ian

Direct link Reply with quote

Goetz und Weise
Germany
Local time: 23:24
Save as docx, enable and disable Track changes and accept all changes Mar 31, 2011

Hi Ian,
Had this problem myself quite a few times:

Save your doc as docx, enable and then disable Track changes, accept all changes (although you don't see any) and save (as doc).

Hope this helps,

Christina

Ian Bradburn
Mexico
Local time: 16:24
Swedish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's brilliant! Mar 31, 2011

Thanks Christina - that worked a treat. How on earth did you discover that?

Thanks again, your help is really appreciated

Ian

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unable to analyse or clean up Word file using Trados 2007

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
LSP.expert
You’re a freelance translator? LSP.expert helps you manage your daily translation jobs. It’s easy, fast and secure.

How about you start tracking translation jobs and sending invoices in minutes? You can also manage your clients and generate reports about your business activities. So you always keep a clear view on your planning, AND you get a free 30 day trial period!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search