Context TM with old bilingual files in RTF format?
Thread poster: MITTrans
Mar 31, 2011

Is it possible to use Context TM when the old project's bilingual files are in RTF format ( instead of TTX )? Context TM seems to need either TTX or BIF format. Is there any value in converting all the bilingual RTFs into TTX format? My gut tells me this probably wouldn't work, but I thought I'd check here to see if anyone had any ideas for this situation.

The project is a RoboHelp project that was translated in the past, but back then the files were translated in RTF format, not TTX. Context TM would be the ideal way forward for processing this new update.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Context TM with old bilingual files in RTF format?

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running and helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search