Trados Workbench error, URGENT, Please help
Thread poster: david1985

david1985  Identity Verified
Local time: 14:17
English to Turkish
Mar 31, 2011

Hi everybody,
I got a docx file from one of my clients. I have to work on trados workbench. It is a kind of website text and it has forms like www....com and special parts. Trados works in some parts of the file. But it doesn't work in most parts. When I try to open a new segment or try to change from one to another, it doesn't work. It has an icon like that " {} " at the beginnig of the sentence or word, and the cursor goes to the and of the paragraph. Also, Hidden text is activated. I deactivate it and try again but no result. I have to use trados.
Thanks a lot..

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 13:17
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Use TagEditor or switch to SDL Trados Studio 2009 Mar 31, 2011

You might check, if the article 1530 on talisma.sdl.com applies to you, however I would dearly recommend leaving the Word-Workbench interface altogether and switching to TagEditor or even better to Studio.

Annabel Rautenbach  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
Dutch to English
+ ...
View in draft (in Word) Mar 31, 2011

I am not sure it will help in this case, but normally if you view in "Draft" mode rather than normal or print mode, it takes away all the nasty breaks. However, I think Jerzy has the best idea. Use Tageditor or 2009 Suite.

PCovs
Denmark
Member (2003)
English to Danish
+ ...
Convert to .doc Mar 31, 2011

I usually run into problems with Trados and .docx, .xlsx, .pptx files, all of which (knock on wood) could be solved by first converting to an older format, i.e. .doc, .xls, .ppt - translate - save target - convert target to .docx, .xlsx, .pptx

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Workbench error, URGENT, Please help

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search