Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Local time: 22:03
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

Mar 31, 2011

Hi All,

I have SDL MultiTerm SP4 - 8.5.339.0 and Windows XP SP3 installed.

It has long been known that v8 of Multiterm has problems with displaying the longer termbase names in the Term Recognition window of the Editor View (that is, when you are translating and need terms and their origin more than ever).

I was hoping that SP4 will take care care of the problem, but my faith must have been ill-placed - the bug is still there and may need an undisclosed number of further Service Packs in order to get fixed:

d8c7a836c9883afc.jpg

Look at the upper right corner of the screen capture above (click to enlarge) - the names of the termbases are supposed to be at the place of green highlight lines.

Have you experienced this problem as well?

Thanks!

Tapsa
English to Finnish
Yes Apr 1, 2011

Pavel Tsvetkov wrote:

Have you experienced this problem as well?

Yes. Sometimes I have only the target language terms visible. Scrolling horizontally solves the problem temporarily in my system. The same bug is in Termbase Search tab.

Pavel Tsvetkov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
Member (2008)
English to Bulgarian
+ ...

TOPIC STARTER
Thank you, Tapsa! Apr 1, 2011

This problem has been around for a long time, and it is also probably easy to fix from a programmer's point of view.

Hopefully, SDL will take notice.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL MultiTerm SP4 (still) not displaying names of TBs properly

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €435 / $519
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €435 / $519 / £345 / ¥63000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search