Can't download "Microsoft Terminology Collection - German" from SDL OpenExchange
Thread poster: aternes

aternes
Local time: 02:38
Apr 1, 2011

Hi all

I tried to download the "Microsoft Terminology Collection - German" from the SDL OpenExchange website. But after log in I receive the message "You are not licensed for any SDL products that link with this application."

But I have a licensed version of SDL Trados Studio 2009 Professional, including SDL Multiterm 2009 installed on my PC.

Do you have any ideas what is wrong here? Or did I miss something?

Thanks for your help
Andreas

In between I was able to create the corresponding termbank on my own. Although the question remains why I was not able to download.

[Bearbeitet am 2011-04-01 11:12 GMT]

Nick Quaintmere  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 02:38
German to English
Having the same problem Apr 1, 2011

I have also tried to download this - it looks like it would be extremely useful.
But the site tells me:
You don't have the required software for this download. Please click here to buy SDL Desktop Products.

And in German:
Sie haben keine Lizenz für SDL Produkte, die mit dieser Anwendung verknüpft sind.

Both responses seem a little strange to me. I have Trados Studio 2009 SP3 and Multiterm 2009 SP4 - how much more up-to-date do I need to be?icon_wink.gif

Update: I have also done the conversion myself now. In case anyone is interested:

Download language required from http://www.microsoft.com/Language/en-US/Terminology.aspx

(these are all English - XXXX)

Convert/extract using ApSIC Xbench (free software) and export results to Tabbed Text file.

Open resulting TXT file in Excel and save as XLS

Convert and import using Muliterm Convert and Multiterm Desktop.

This may be useful for those looking for languages not offered on OpenExchange (English-German/English-French) - even after the download is fixed!

[Edited at 2011-04-01 17:04 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Can't download "Microsoft Terminology Collection - German" from SDL OpenExchange

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search