Studio 2009: Bug in translation memory search
Thread poster: Tapsa

Tapsa
Local time: 09:17
English to Finnish
Apr 1, 2011

In Translation memory view you can perform searches. There is a bug in at least my combination of Finnish Windows 7 (64-bit) and Trados 2009 with latest patches as of April 2011.

I have a lot of user generated fields that I sometimes need for searching.

You can - or at least it is an option - search by user generated text fields *containing* the search string, but it does not return anything. Searching by user generated text fields works only, if the match is exact (= the search string and field contents are equal).

Direct link Reply with quote

Tapsa
Local time: 09:17
English to Finnish
TOPIC STARTER
Anyone else? Apr 14, 2011

Am I the only one having this problem?

I would appreciate if someone could verify this.

In May I am starting a couple of projects, and I really need this feature to work in them as it should, as I must limit my searches in TM by projects using filters (eg. all projects containing the word "animals" in user generated field named "Project"). Otherwise there will be too many wrong matches. I mean true searches in Translation memories view for individual words or word pairs etc.

[Edited at 2011-04-14 16:29 GMT]

Roy OConnor
Local time: 08:17
Member (2009)
German to English
It seems to be the same... Apr 14, 2011

...in my English version. It doesn't work using the sought word and CONTAINS nor does it work using *sought word* and EQUALS TO.

Perhaps we are just missing something that is blatantly obvious to everyone else!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio 2009: Bug in translation memory search

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search