Multiterm 2007: Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page.
Thread poster: Tzviya Levin Rifkind

Tzviya Levin Rifkind  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:31
Member (2009)
English to Hebrew
Apr 1, 2011

I had some viruses on my PC and than I bought Norton Internet Security that fixed it all.
Since the next day when I want to add new entry or do something with existing entry I have this pop up window that says: Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page. As a result, the page may not display correctly.
I can ad new term only with a right click on highlighted word on TagEditor and choosing Add Term.

I found this problem in forums history, but non of the advices was not helpful.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem?
Is re-installing Multiterm might help?

TIA

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check internet explorer security settings Apr 1, 2011

The MultiTerm windows is based on Internet Explorer.

Lower your Internet Explorer security settings to allow ActiveX controls.

Don't change your settings to the lowest security level, make them one level lower than they are now to see if that's enough.

You might have to reboot your PC after changing the settings.

Daniel

Tzviya Levin Rifkind  Identity Verified
Israel
Local time: 08:31
Member (2009)
English to Hebrew
TOPIC STARTER
Unfortunately i tdoesn't work Apr 2, 2011

Thank you for your advice.
I made the changes bur after restarting my PC it all goes back to primary security settings.

By the way, I usually use FireFox, but also have IE on my PC. I didn't find the equivalent security settings on FF, is it different than thes on IE?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm 2007: Your current security settings prohibit running ActiveX controls on this page.

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search