displaying multiple terms from multi TBs problem in Multiterm 2009
Thread poster: Hakan Kiyici

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 08:36
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
Apr 1, 2011

Hi,

I have done a quick search. Please direct me there if this issue has already been raised.

I use two or three Term Bases simultaneously for a file. One occurrence in the source is only displayed in once occurrence in the target TermBase.

For example;

Source has 2 or 3 different occurrence of "telefon". TermBase recognition recognizes "My Phone" and does not display other occurrances in other termbase. The correct target term is in the default termbase, but it is not listed/displayed. Let alone exact matches in three termbases.

It is very annoying, as it does not serve my purpose.

I have tried a couple of variation available in the termbase section with no success, unfortunately.

I would appreciate any given direction or answer.

Thank you

Hakan


[Edited at 2011-04-01 18:32 GMT]


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Tapsa
Local time: 07:36
English to Finnish
Are there upper/lower case differencies? Apr 1, 2011

If there are, then I have the same problem.

If there are different upper/lower case versions in termbases (even in one termbase), eg.:

Turkey -> Turkki

and

turkey -> kalkkuna

(that's English to Finnish for the country/state and the bird)

only the first occurrence gives a match regardless of the upper/lowercase status of the term in source sentence.

This is a nasty bug as far as I'm concerned.

Did you mean this?


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Jive
Local time: 06:36
English to Russian
+ ...
Switch the search mode to sequential or parallel Apr 1, 2011

Hi Hakan,

I assume you're talking about using term recognition in Studio 2009, not MultiTerm 2009 as such? In any case, have you tried switching the search mode from hierarchical (default) to parallel or sequential? More information is available here: http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL%20Trados%20Studio/client_en/Ref/O-T/Termbases/RecOp.htm

Hope it helps,
Jive


Direct link Reply with quote
 

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 08:36
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
it did not work, unfortunately :( Apr 1, 2011

Thank you for the reply.

Yes it is for Term Recognition within Studio 2009.

I had tried your suggestion. But, the problem still persists.

Thank you
Hakan

Jive wrote:

Hi Hakan,

I assume you're talking about using term recognition in Studio 2009, not MultiTerm 2009 as such? In any case, have you tried switching the search mode from hierarchical (default) to parallel or sequential? More information is available here: http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL%20Trados%20Studio/client_en/Ref/O-T/Termbases/RecOp.htm

Hope it helps,
Jive



Direct link Reply with quote
 

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 08:36
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Now working Apr 1, 2011

For some reason, it does not adapt to such changes. I thought it was not working. Now I realized that it is working. Weird.

Thank you

Jive wrote:

Hi Hakan,

I assume you're talking about using term recognition in Studio 2009, not MultiTerm 2009 as such? In any case, have you tried switching the search mode from hierarchical (default) to parallel or sequential? More information is available here: http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL%20Trados%20Studio/client_en/Ref/O-T/Termbases/RecOp.htm

Hope it helps,
Jive



Direct link Reply with quote
 

Hakan Kiyici  Identity Verified
Turkey
Local time: 08:36
Member (2009)
English to Turkish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes, one of the culprit bugs Apr 2, 2011

Yes. This is one of the problems I faced.

Earlier I worked on a textile related project. For the content, it was important see all the options (and Autocomplete ease ). This issue just slowed me down.

Thank you for the reply.

Hakan

Tapsa wrote:

If there are, then I have the same problem.

If there are different upper/lower case versions in termbases (even in one termbase), eg.:

Turkey -> Turkki

and

turkey -> kalkkuna

(that's English to Finnish for the country/state and the bird)

only the first occurrence gives a match regardless of the upper/lowercase status of the term in source sentence.

This is a nasty bug as far as I'm concerned.

Did you mean this?



Direct link Reply with quote
 


To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:


You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

displaying multiple terms from multi TBs problem in Multiterm 2009

Advanced search







Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »



Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search