Kersti Skovgaard  Identity Verified
Estonia
Local time: 00:43
Member (2005)
English to Estonian
+ ...
Apr 1, 2011

Hello,

I'm having problems with saving and re-opening of TTX files (file extension: mif.ttx) in TagEditor: when saving the translated file, an error message is displayed: "Runtime Error! This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information", and TagEditor closes down. When trying to re-open the translated bilingual file, the error message reads: "40007: Error reading TTX file: The input ended before all started tags were ended. last tag started was 'Tu'" (or sometimes 'Raw'). TM works fine, but the saved files are empty (checked that with the client).

CAT Tool: Trados 7 Freelance, version 7.10.719.
The problem occurred after I downloaded SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP4_339 (I also have SDL Trados Studio 2009 but am not using it very often) - is there a connection? Previously the same file types worked fine.

SDL Knowledge Base does not provide any solution, neither did I find any solution on the Internet.

Any ideas? What went wrong and what should I do?

Thanks!

Direct link Reply with quote

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:43
English
KB #3588 and strong recommendation to upgrade Apr 4, 2011

Dear Kersti,

Trados 7.1 is a very old and unsupported version - if you have the possibility, I would strongly recommend to use a more recent version, like your SDL Trados Studio 2009 version, or even SDL Trados 2007 Suite if you do not want to work with Studio.

This said, you mention the problem started after downloading - and installing, I presume - SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP4. Therefore please refer to KB article #3588: Various error messages after installing SDL MultiTerm 2009 SP4 (http://kb.sdl.com/article.aspx?article=3588&p=1).

After running the repair tool, you may need to run the registration batch file for your Trados 7.1. But again, please try upgrading to a more recent version - if you have SDL Trados Studio 2009, then use that, or if not possible, at least try to use SDL Trados 2007 Suite.

Best regards,
Judith

Estonia
Member (2005)
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
It worked! Apr 20, 2011

Thank you, Judith! Running the registration batch file helped.

Ana P Carvalho  Identity Verified
Brazil
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Same error May 6, 2011

Hi,

I also have Studio 2009 and SDL Trados 2007 8.3.161.0
TE does not allow me to save the bi-lingual file and crashes with Runtime error.
When I try to reopen the ttx, it gives the 40007 error.

I need both working in the same machine and I am always facing problems.
Multiterm is not working properly either. I dont know what to do to fix this.

Estonia
Member (2005)
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Re-register? May 6, 2011

Hi Ana,

Did you try running the registration batch file? That was the only thing that worked for me.

Laura Bissio CT  Identity Verified
Uruguay
Local time: 19:43
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you! it worked for me too Jun 13, 2011

Kersti Skovgaard wrote:

Hi Ana,

Did you try running the registration batch file? That was the only thing that worked for me.

I didn't know about this solution, thank you!

Laura

Natalya Zelikova  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Member (2003)
English to Russian
+ ...
This didn't work for me! Jul 8, 2011

I still can not save translated file in SDL Trados 2007 (8.0) under new name and can not open in it the same successfully translated in SDL Trados Studio 2009 file.

I tried to run repair tool - didn't help, and tried to run registration batch file - nothing.
Can somebody please help?

UPD: it worked after running "non-silent" reg. batch file.

[Bijgewerkt op 2011-07-08 06:34 GMT]

Marion Lurf  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:43
English to German
+ ...
Alternative: Activate MultiTerm 2007 again Nov 1, 2011

Thanks for the tips in this thread!

FWIW, I have also experienced this problem (among a few others) since installing Studio 2009 alongside SDL Trados 2007 Freelance and now discovered that simply re-activating MultiTerm 2007 solves the 40007 error as well - without running the repair file as this had messed up my installation in the past.

I was working on a project in Studio 2009 today and then wanted to finalise a different one in 2007 so I opened TagEditor (TWB without term recognition), and the .ttx file kept crashing when trying to save it. Re-activating MT 2007 did the trick.

That said, I don't quite understand why MultiTerm 2009, even if I'm not using it, makes me unable to save .ttx files, and find it quite annoying to switch between 2007 and 2009 constantly.

HTH,
Marion

[Edited at 2011-11-01 17:08 GMT]

Federica Masante  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:43
Member (2003)
Italian to English
+ ...
Having the same problem Aug 17, 2013

Hi all,

I'm also getting the error message: (40007): Error reading TTX file: Expected end of tag 'Tu'

Can anyone please guide me through the steps of running the registration batch file? I have no idea what it means...
TIA

Federica

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

40007: Error reading TTX file

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search