Thread poster: Ines Burrell

Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:24
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Apr 6, 2011

I am trying to create a new Autosuggest dictionary to replace the old one as I have added a great number of new segments and have to start translating new file that is very similar to the work I have done recently. Unfortunately I get an error message "System.OutOfMemoryException" and from what I can see I have to reduce the number of segments that will be included in the process. However, I think only random segments will be picked by Autosuggest thus making the whole process useless because the segments I need might be excluded.

I have filed a an SDL support request but they think it is a low urgency issue so in all probability I will get the answer when it will be too late for this particular project.

Does anybody have any ideas? Is there a way to delete batch of segments from the TM dating back to certain time? This way I could exclude work that is no longer relevant in this case, it will at least serve the purpose in this particular instance.

I must admit though that I started using Studio not that long ago and there are many things I do not know about it so bear that in mind.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Rgds,
Ines

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 16:24
French to German
+ ...
Use a TMX export Apr 6, 2011

As you can create an AutoSuggest dictionary from a TMX file, I suggest you make a filtered export of your TM that contains only what you want and use this TMX file to create your ASD.

Walter

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are a star Walter! Apr 6, 2011

I must admit, I think the filtering went wrong (no surprise there, I do not really know anything about it) as I ended up with the same number of segments as the original TM has, however, I did manage to create a new ASD from that export - it was painfully slow but it worked in the end! Brilliant! Thanks a lot!

Ines

Joel Earnest
Local time: 16:24
Swedish to English
Try this Apr 8, 2011

Restart Studio and run the process again. That worked for me on a 750,000-segment TM with the AutoSuggest setting on Maximum.

United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I tried several times Joel Apr 8, 2011

I even restarted the computer a couple of times - did not work. Generating it from a TMX export for some reason worked but it took ages. Good thing I did not rely on SDL support as I still have not heard back from them.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Autosuggest - system out of memory exception

Advanced search

SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2017 helps translators increase translation productivity whilst ensuring quality. Combining translation memory, terminology management and machine translation in one simple and easy-to-use environment.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search