Laura Bennett  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:31
Member (2011)
Italian to English
+ ...
Apr 6, 2011

Hi All

I realise that this is a topic that may have been covered in the past but as a relative CAT tools novice I'm struggling to make head or tail of things and would be grateful for any simple, straight-forward advice.

I have SDL Trados Studio 2009 and SDL Multiterm. If I add a termbase to a project it is visible and I can search for terms in it but the red highlighting lines do not appear on the source text and the search does not happen automatically.

Is there a serious problem here or am I just missing something?

Many thanks in advance for any help!

Laura

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 00:31
French to German
+ ...
Install the latest updates Apr 6, 2011

You maybe a victim of the well-known problem that term recognition does not work properly in some configurations, especially when using it both in 2007 and in 2009.

I suggest that you upgrade your Multiterm Desktop to SP4 and your Studio to CU11 (can be done via AutoUpdate). This should solve your problem.

Walter

Laura Bennett  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 23:31
Member (2011)
Italian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Walter! Apr 6, 2011

Many thanks for replying so quickly Walter - that seems to have done the trick!

All the best.

Laura

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem - SDL Trados Studio 2009 and termbases

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search