Warning message in Trados Studio constantly popping up
Thread poster: xxxJohanPetters
xxxJohanPetters
Local time: 09:34
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 7, 2011

Hi everybody,

I'm not too conversant with all the features of SDL Trados Studio, but I still use it in my work on a daily basis. My problem is that I get a warning message in the form of a dialogue box quite frequently - it can pop up at any time, and with changing frequency.

The message says: "One or more of the translatable files in this project have been finalized and cannot be added to the package. Please revert these files to a bilingual format before creating the package."

Now, when I open the Projects view, the only thing listed is my current text for translation, and that is always the case. I mostly translate shorter Word-documents or idml-files. After having contacted SDL Support, I have deleted the three files BaseSettings.xml, plugincache.xml and UserSettings.xml and restarted the whole thing, but the warning still appears. In fact, the whole program has been reinstalled recently, but I still get this message. Really weird...

Granted, I just need to hit enter to make it disappear, but when it pops up in the middle of a translation for the fiftieth time during one day, I simply get enough.

Anyone recognize this problem? Ideas, suggestions - anything?

Thanks in advance!

Johan

Direct link Reply with quote

tz7
United States
Local time: 03:34
English to Japanese
I have the same issue. Jan 25, 2013

It seems Studio is trying to create a project package. I don't know what triggers this.
This worning prevents me from typing Japanese. Everytime it appears, I had to re-type the text. Somebody found this was caused by keyboard mismatch but I don't know how to solve it. This issue doesn't occur when I use another keyboard on the same machine.

[2013-01-25 21:33 GMTに編集されました]

[2013-01-25 21:41 GMTに編集されました]

tz7
United States
Local time: 03:34
English to Japanese
Adding shortcuts Jan 28, 2013

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/198436-recurring_question:_do_you_want_to_save_documents_and_continue_creating_a_package.html
After reading above, I added a shortcut for creating project package (in Options > Keyboard Shortcuts), then it started to trigger "Open Package" dialog. So, I added another shortcut for opening package, then it started to trigger "Open Server Project" dialog. So I added another shortcut for it...
So far, it doesn't stop my typing.

I am using Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia keyboard and this is the only keyboard has the issue with Studio 2009 and 2011 both.

Celeste Klein
United States
Local time: 02:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
Same message error when trying to create a package in a multilingual project - Studio 2011 Jan 22, 2014

I wanted to leave this message in case someone else runs into this issue as well and reads this post....

Scenario:
You created a multilingual project (9 languages). One or more of the languages were finalized and the TTs created. You are now working on the other languages and trying to create a package but get a message saying:

"One or more of the translatable files in this project have been finalized and cannot be added to the package. Please revert these files to a bilingual format before creating the package."

You need to finalize the files on a rolling basis, so you cannot wait until all the files are ready to be finalized.

SDL Support confirmed this:
If you finalize a file then the file is converted from sdlxliff bilingual to the original format. This makes the creation of a package impossible.

Solution:
To fix the culprit file:
- Project > Files View.
- From the menu on the left hand side, pick the language you finalized.
- Right click on the file in the right pane >"Revert to SDLXLIFF file".
You will now be able to create packages.

Avoid the issue:
To create the target file of a certain language, open the translation of that file and click "Save Target As." DO NOT FINALIZE.

Hope this helps...

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Warning message in Trados Studio constantly popping up

Advanced search

WordFinder
The words you want Anywhere, Anytime

WordFinder is the market's fastest and easiest way of finding the right word, term, translation or synonym in one or more dictionaries. In our assortment you can choose among more than 120 dictionaries in 15 languages from leading publishers.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search