Christian Weber  Identity Verified
Local time: 10:20
Member (2007)
French to German
+ ...
Apr 8, 2011

Hi,

I have the following problem when I try to analyze/translate an INX file:

The first error message I received was "Failed to create java Virtual Machine". There are several suggestions in this forum to fix this problem. I tried this one:

"Filter settings

It helped me when in SDL Trados Filter Settings -> Java Virtual Machine Size
I checked "change java virtual memory size" and chose minimal values (64/128)"

which you can find here:

http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/48982-failed_to_create_java_virtual_machine-page2.html

Unfortunately this only made it worse. When I try to analyze/open (Tageditor) a file now, I receive the following messages.

"Unknown error when reading plug-in filter definition file C:\Program Data\SDL"

or

"Unknown error when reading plug-in filter definition file C:\Program Data\SDL International\Filters\PowerPoint_2_0_0_0"

When I try to open the Filter settings again to restore default settings, the message "Error loading Indesign CS2/CS3 settings. The filter settings will be disabled".

However I can open the Filter Settings, but restoring to default settings does not help.

I tried to repair Trados/to install it again with no success.

Also the steps described here did not resolve the problem:

http://talisma.sdl.com/display/2n/articleDirect/index.aspx?aid=1643&r=0.9590883

I work with Trados 7 SP2, OS is Vista.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Unknown error when reading plug-in filter definition file C: Program Data SDL

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search