Passolo Tutorials
Thread poster: rma (X)
rma (X)
rma (X)
Apr 9, 2011

Hello,

Does anyone out there knows where can I find some tutorials or better documentation to SDL Passolo?

The documentation/online help is rubbish. It's actually outrageous, that such a powerfull tool has such a bad documentation.

Please help me with some tutorials and a better documentation to SDL Passolo.

Thanks.

Wish you all a nice weekend.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:29
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
What do you need to know? Apr 9, 2011

Passolo is so simple that there hardly is a need for a tutorial. Save the translation bundle and double-click on it, so Passolo will start.
If you do not see what needs to be done ask your customer, who should be an expert for Passolo (if they want you to use it).
You can apply filters, so you see only the cells that needs to be translated. After each translated cell click on the hook at the bottom.

rma (X)
rma (X)
TOPIC STARTER
changing target directories Apr 9, 2011

I find the topics "target directories" and "simulate translation" insuffiecient explained.

I got an old project file. The project contains over 500 files. I have other local paths and I need to change the target paths within the project. If I would do this manually, I would need a lot of hours of work before I can start the actual work... the documentation isn't helping at all

I'm trying for at least 2 d
... See more
I find the topics "target directories" and "simulate translation" insuffiecient explained.

I got an old project file. The project contains over 500 files. I have other local paths and I need to change the target paths within the project. If I would do this manually, I would need a lot of hours of work before I can start the actual work... the documentation isn't helping at all

I'm trying for at least 2 days now to change the target paths within the project for multiple files at once at I can't figure it out...

Does anyone has a tipp form me on how to change the target paths for multiple files at once? A logical tipp please, and not the "help" the Passolo documentation is offering.

Same problem with the simulation of translation. At least this feature is somehow logical and one does not necessarily need any help, but the fact is that the documentation at this point needs a really big improvment.

All the best and a nice weekend.
Collapse

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 01:29
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
You are right Apr 10, 2011

Projects of this complexity should probably not be done with Passsolo. I get only very simple jobs from one customer for P. So I'm sorry but cannot help you in this case.

Achim Herrmann
Achim Herrmann
Local time: 00:29
English to German
Please clarify some details Apr 11, 2011

Hello,

what would you like to change? It's not completely clear to me.
I have other local paths and I need to change the target paths within the project.

Does it mean that you have moved the referenced source and target files to different local folders and now want to change all folder names?

In the project view
... See more
Hello,

what would you like to change? It's not completely clear to me.
I have other local paths and I need to change the target paths within the project.

Does it mean that you have moved the referenced source and target files to different local folders and now want to change all folder names?

In the project view open the Folder tree and right click the folder you want to change. Select Change Folder from the menu. The corresponding chapter in the online help can be found when searching for "change folder" or "change path".

Changing the paths of selected target file in done by changing or creating a target path rule and then applying it to selected files in the project.

Achim Herrmann
SDL Passolo Business Consultant
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Passolo Tutorials

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »