Studio S&R function not operational - solution
Thread poster: Alexey Ivanov

Alexey Ivanov  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 21:43
English to Russian
Apr 10, 2011

I found that search or search and replace in Studio (CTL+F and CTL+H) do not work when a MS Word file is open. Solution is self-evident - close the file. But what originally led me to opening the Word file was the need to check spelling of a word which was shown as wrong in the Studio file I am translating, when I knew for sure it was correct. And I found an interesting fact: Studio uses its own CUSTOM.dic file. This is very annoying because I have already one CUSTOM.dic for Microsoft and now I have to enter the same words again. Still not found a solution for that. I have tried regestering the MS custom dictionary with Studio, but failed for the time being.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Studio S&R function not operational - solution

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search