Term recognition stops operating in Studio 2009 after the Trados Workbench 2007 was open
Thread poster: Myron Netchypor

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 23:09
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Apr 11, 2011

Dear Colleagues,

Every time after I open the SDLTrados 2007 workbench the Term recognition function stops working in SDLTrados Studio 2009. To enable it I have to run the LaunchStudio application. And it is really annoying if you have to use SDLTrados 2007 workbench regularly throughout the day. I thought this bug would be solved in Studio 2009 SP3, but alas it still persists. Does anybody know some solution other than running LaunchStudio application all the time?

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:09
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There is no other solution AFAIK Apr 11, 2011

My solution is not to run Workbench at all or do that only if really necessary - and this is gladly not that often for me.
For SP3 you could try to use the Side-by-Side tools from Multiterm, they should also work. There is an "Activate MT 2009" task - this is the one you need. If that one does not work, try the Repair one.
Unfortunately in my case they don't work, so I use the Repair MT utility from article 3420 on kb.sdl.com for MT2009 SP3 or 3588 for MT2009 SP4

Myron Netchypor  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 23:09
Member (2003)
English to Ukrainian
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
Many thanks Apr 11, 2011

Jerzy many thanks for your answer and advice, otherwise I would spent a lot of time looking for solutions, as I thought that this bug was solved in SP3. So now I know that it is not a quirk of my Studio 2009 SP3 but a common bug. And hopefully SDL will solve the bug in the next SP.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Term recognition stops operating in Studio 2009 after the Trados Workbench 2007 was open

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search