how to use Studio 2009 in trial mode?
Thread poster: toad

toad
Local time: 01:31
English to Swedish
+ ...
Apr 11, 2011

Hello,
i just upgraded to Studio 2009 freelance, but i would like to run it in trial mode first to try out the full feature set.
But how do I do that?
I tried cancelling the product activation process, but then i get an error message saying "You should have a valid license..." and the program closes.

And if i enter my freelance activation code i lose access to the full features, right?
Thanks for any advice,

-Torsten

toad
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
nevermind... Apr 11, 2011

Nevermind, looks like my trial period is over due to that i had installed the demo about a year ago and then forgot abot it...
But, i just saw this:
http://www.translationzone.com/en/translator-shop/upgrades.asp

Of course i missed this (by a few hours, apparently) and paid the full 250 euros for the upgrade and didn't even get the AutoSuggest creatoricon_frown.gif
Well, i just emailed SDL and asked them if i still can get the add-on. Which would seem reasonable.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 00:31
French to German
+ ...
There is no demo version anymore Apr 12, 2011

There is only ONE installer file for all versions of Studio. When you install the SW for the first time on a PC, it will run as a Professional version for 30 days (without entering any activation code).
After these 30 days, you are asked to enter an activation code and this code will tell which version you will be running from then on.

This is much better than the old system with 2007 where you were restricted in demo mode to ridiculously small TMs.

The only drawback is that if you have not usd the SW in the 30 day trial period, you cannot extend this and need to activate the SW to go on using it.

Walter

toad
English to Swedish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
all is well again Apr 15, 2011

toad wrote:

But, i just saw this:
http://www.translationzone.com/en/translator-shop/upgrades.asp

Of course i missed this (by a few hours, apparently) and paid the full 250 euros for the upgrade and didn't even get the AutoSuggest creatoricon_frown.gif
Well, i just emailed SDL and asked them if i still can get the add-on. Which would seem reasonable.

Just writing to tell you that i got a refund for the 250 euros i paid, and thus got a chance to take advantage of the current 225 euro offer, which includes the Autosuggest creator.

Studio with all it's new features seems really good so far, but it is quite a huge transition from using Workbench + Word/Tageditor for two years... lots of new stuff to learn, but i hope it's worth it in the end....

-T

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to use Studio 2009 in trial mode?

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search