Thread poster: Julie Delcour

Julie Delcour  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 11:31
English to French
+ ...
Apr 12, 2011

Hello,

I have a big problem with Page Maker which doesn't export all the content into txt, to use it in Tag Editor. Then because of this problem during the export, it dosn't allow me to import back from txt translated to Page Maker.

Do you know any tricks or solution to solve this problem? From now, I've tried to divise the Page Maker which contain various pages in various Page Maker of 1 page, and it seems to work better. But I still have sentences which are not translated, and I would like to find another solution which could be easier and faster.

I would appreciate a lot some help.
Thank you.

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Are you using the Trados plugin? Apr 12, 2011

Which version of PageMaker are you using?
Is changing to InDesign maybe an option?
PageMaker is completly obsolete software now, so that you will not get any suport for it anywhere...

Julie Delcour  Identity Verified
France
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Page Maker 7.0 Apr 12, 2011

I'm using the PageMaker 7.0.
There is the Trados plugin into the software that I'm using to export and to import.
I know that InDesign would be a good solution, the problem is that I need to deliver PageMaker files and anything else, so I have to find a solution to fix the problem.

Thank you for your help anyway, if you have any other suggestion...

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
The files are unfortunately quite sensible Apr 12, 2011

When exporting, the tool should tell you, where it stops with error. If you could identify that text box and recreate it, that might help.
I remember having similar problem in the past due to a single text box and the only way to resolve was deleting it and placing the text completely new.
Unfortunately PageMaker is a pain somewhere...
No real solution for this problem. I try to avoid PM if only possible.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem exporting Page Maker in Tag Editor

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search