Thread poster: William Pairman

William Pairman  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 03:44
Member (2005)
Spanish to English
Apr 13, 2011

T2007 /TWB 8.3.0.863 (Build 863)

I have a huge 1 million+ unit TM which has started causing problems here and there which require reorganising.

I've tried a couple of times in the past but its never been successful, trying again now it freezes at the Analysing stage at 19900 units

( I noticed a post that suggested adding all Trados components to Kaspersky's Trusted App section, done this, no good, noe was disabling KAV)

Any suggestions?

Direct link Reply with quote

Justas Staniulis  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:44
Member (2008)
English to Lithuanian
+ ...
Sorry, but it might be bad news. Apr 13, 2011

Check if the Trados generates message:
(50052): Inconsistent data. Please reorganise the database or run an export/import.
If this is the case, I'm afraid you are in trouble, there seems to be no certain way to repair the database. This is quite common problem with all versions of Trados unfortunately. It has been discussed on forums for a number of times, just search (e.g. http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/80678-sdl_trados_8_2007_cannot_reorganise_tm_database_corrupted_workbench_gets_stuck_while_exporting.html)

Try exporting TM, probably you wouldn't be able to export it all, but you will save at least some part. In general it is very advisable to backup frequently (by exporting your TM), but I guess it's too late to tell you that.
There are some solutions proposed (just search proz forums), but it doesn't seem that any of them is conclusive and works all the time.

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems reorganising huge TM

Advanced search

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €495 / $595
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €495 / $595 / £425 / ¥70,000 You will also receive FREE access to Studio 2019 when released.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search