Thread poster: Ali M. Alsaqqa

Ali M. Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:33
English to Arabic
Apr 14, 2011

Hi all,

I have a folder in Trados 2009 with about 40 files. Suppose I decided
to change my translation of a word, but I do not remember in which file the word is.

Is there any effective method other than opening each of the 40 files individually and
searching in them ??

Regards,
Ali

Phil Hand  Identity Verified
China
Local time: 19:33
Chinese to English
Google desktop Apr 14, 2011

Takes a while to install and index your files, but then you can find anything anywhere. Love the Google.

Aude Sylvain  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 13:33
English to French
+ ...
SDL Batch Search and replace Apr 14, 2011

Except if I am wrong this (free) tool should do the job, as long as your files are in the sdlxliff format.

see http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/196195-studio_2009s_find_and_replace_functionality_has_serious_deficiencies.html#1720079

Ali M. Alsaqqa  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 07:33
English to Arabic
TOPIC STARTER
.. Apr 14, 2011

Thanks Phil...Actually I was thinking of a solution within Trados...

Aude, how can I use this Batch search and from where ?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Search through files in a folder w/o opening them individually

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search