claude-andrew  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 20:51
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
Apr 15, 2011

Hi,

I inadvertently pressed "Auto-scroll source document" in the view menu, andI now get the error "The ID 'AutoScroll Source Action' is not currently enabled" and it is stopping me from doing any editing or saving, either as TM or doc. I can't confirm or memorise any segments so the product is totally unusable until I solve this error.

The Autoscroll commands are now greyed out so I can't change the settings; in fact nearly everything is greyed out. I have my finished document in Trados in front of me, but can't save it. Can anybody help me?

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Did you try to close and reopen Studio? Apr 15, 2011

or to use 'View - Reset Window Layout".

Walter

France
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Tried your tips already Apr 15, 2011

Hi Walter,

Yes, that's the first thing I tried, and reset window layout, but to no avail.

In fact I can work, but with difficulty since most of the funCtions are disabled. Automatic insezrtion works, and the doc I'm on is 80% a previous one, which helps.
The save options are disabled, but if I press X to close, I'm given the option of saving, which I do.
When I sent the saved Trados to my agency, they had no problems their end and were able to generate the Word doc.

I've had a tip from the agency I'm working for:

go to C:\Documents and Settings\\USER NAME\Application Data\SDL\SDL Trados Studio 9\
and erase the xml files Basettings, plugincache and UserSettings.

I haven't tried this, and would rather finish the current project (which I should do by tomorrow evening) before doing anything drastic like deleting files when i'm not terribly savvy.

Thanks for any help you can give.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
This reset may help Apr 15, 2011

Erasing these 3 files is what I was going to suggest as next step. There is absolutely no risk in doing this, except that you will need to go again through the first 3 configuration screens of Studio when you launch it after having deleted these 3 files (accept all default choices).

I do not know what happened with your configuration as changing this option normally does not have any adverse effects. I tried it today on my Studio installation: the only thing that happens is that the source column does not gets scrolled in sync with the target column, but one can go on working normally.

Walter

France
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks for confirmation Apr 16, 2011

Thank you Walter - this is just what I was hoping for, confirmation that erasing those 3 files would not get me into deeper trouble. Also your information about having to go through the Studio config. screens is nice to know.
I'm away for a week and will do this when I return - and post a report.
It is a mystery to me too why selecting AutoScroll should result in this damage. I certainly won't do it again.

France
Member (2009)
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Success Apr 28, 2011

To anybody with the same problem: the remedy offered here worked fine.

Bernadet  Identity Verified
Spanish to English
unable to locate the Search root suggested Sep 17, 2011

I was initially relieved to see, Claude-Andrew, that you have had exactly the same problem as I am experiencing so was keen to put your agency's tip into action. However, it is impossible for me to get past the Application Data trail. The only file option I am given is Microsoft. I have tried, endlessly, to search for the Basesettings, plugincache and UserSettings but unable to find them on my computer. I use Windows 7 and my version of Trados is Trados Studio 2009.

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
path to files Sep 17, 2011

You will find these files here:
C:\Users\[USERNAME]\AppData\Roaming\SDL\SDL Trados Studio\9.1.0.0\

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados autoscroll disabled

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features, ensures new

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search