Thread poster: Tomasz Poplawski

Tomasz Poplawski  Identity Verified
Local time: 23:25
Member (2007)
English to Polish
+ ...
Apr 16, 2011

This is too funny, I have the exact opposite problem to Shannon's:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/196858-pre_translate_setting_to_leave_target_segment_empty_does_not_work.html

I have a monster list of parts, 80k words, to translate in Studio. Highly repetitive at the word level, not
... See more
This is too funny, I have the exact opposite problem to Shannon's:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/196858-pre_translate_setting_to_leave_target_segment_empty_does_not_work.html

I have a monster list of parts, 80k words, to translate in Studio. Highly repetitive at the word level, not at the sentence level. The best solution would be to copy everything to target, and then do search/replace, at least for common words that appear over and over. Expect the damn thing would not copy no-matches. I tried Shift+Alt+Ins, I tried to highlight all source strings, and then click copy to target - nothing works. I suspect it might have something to do with the many tags in the file but I'm not sure.
Even the best Studio guru I know, Jerzy Czopik, couldn't help. Any ideas?

[Edited at 2011-04-16 03:59 GMT]
Collapse

Jaroslaw Michalak  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 06:25
Member (2004)
English to Polish
Sub-segment translation Apr 16, 2011

I am not sure about 2009... In 2007 you could use "Translate" with the option "Translate terms - Insert" (where in the target segments you get just terms) or "Segment unknown sentences" and "Translate terms - Replace" - so you have portions of source segments with the terms replaced.

However, this is where MemoQ and, in particular, DejaVuX shine: DVX would autoassemble the segments in such a way that would require very little intervention.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Pre-translate setting to populate target segment on no-matches does not work

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search