Is ttx done in Trados 2009 compatible with 2007?
Thread poster: Farzad Akmali

Farzad Akmali  Identity Verified
English to Farsi (Persian)
+ ...
Apr 16, 2011

Hi friends,

I have to say that I am going dizzy!

I am working on a project that is due on Monday at the latest!

I was working on the ttx file using a Server TM provided by the client. All of a sudden my Windows stopped working and it was uninstalled along with all my softwares, including Trados 2007 without returning the serial.

I called SDL but they are unable to help till Monday!

I tried to use my file-based TM and exported it to my Trados 2009 which I am totally new to it. I thought of doing the job using 2009 and then on Monday export the file to my Trados 2007 and update the Server TM.

Please let me know if it's possible and if yes, how!

Thanks so much.

Please pardon me if it's a silly question!!!:)

Farzad

Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 22:52
Member (2010)
Spanish to English
Shouldn't be a problem Apr 16, 2011

If you still have your ttx there's no problem.
Simply open it in Studio and assign the local TM that you have converted to Studio format.
Studio will convert the ttx into a sdlxliff which you will work on in the Editor window, but then you can save it as a ttx (File>"Save target as" or shift+F12).
HTH

+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
is it possible to Update the Server TM by the saved target ttx file? Apr 16, 2011

Emma Goldsmith wrote:

If you still have your ttx there's no problem.
Simply open it in Studio and assign the local TM that you have converted to Studio format.
Studio will convert the ttx into a sdlxliff which you will work on in the Editor window, but then you can save it as a ttx (File>"Save target as" or shift+F12).
HTH

Thanks so much Emma!

Then is it possible to update the server TM as well as the ttx file on Trados 2007, using the saved target ttx file?

Thanks so much. I wait for your kind help and reply!

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:52
English
Your License Apr 16, 2011

Hi Farzad,

In case you are only monitoring ProZ at this stage, we have reset your license activation so you can use your 2007 again. I dropped you an email on this earlier.

And if it helps to prevent any threads on our licensing policy please note that 2007 actually has three activations before it becomes inactive. So if you forget or are unable to return your license at any time please use the solution finder to have it reset before you lose all three and then you should have no problems in the future.

There will also be some further improvements to this licensing mechanism in the near future but for the time being I hope the facilities we have in place are enough to help you manage your licenses safely.

Regards

Paul

+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Two or three license? Apr 17, 2011

SDL Support wrote:

Hi Farzad,

In case you are only monitoring ProZ at this stage, we have reset your license activation so you can use your 2007 again. I dropped you an email on this earlier.

And if it helps to prevent any threads on our licensing policy please note that 2007 actually has three activations before it becomes inactive. So if you forget or are unable to return your license at any time please use the solution finder to have it reset before you lose all three and then you should have no problems in the future.

There will also be some further improvements to this licensing mechanism in the near future but for the time being I hope the facilities we have in place are enough to help you manage your licenses safely.

Regards

Paul

Sorry this post was entered suddenly!

[Edited at 2011-04-17 06:45 GMT]

+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Two or three licenses? Apr 17, 2011

SDL Support wrote:

Hi Farzad,

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

I do not know how to thank you. You saved me another time!

Thanks a million. But I only have two activations, you mean I must have three?

If I have three, not I have two of them activated. Could you help on the third one, then I would have no problem in case I get into such a situation.

Thanks in advance.

best,

Farzad

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Is ttx done in Trados 2009 compatible with 2007?

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search