Cannot open 'old' memories in SDL Suite 2009
Thread poster: Sara Kampman

Sara Kampman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:42
English to Dutch
Apr 18, 2011

Hi everyone,

I have a problem. I recently purchased SDL Suite 2009. But my clients still use older versions of Trados and send me memories from these versions.
With SDL Suite 2009 it is possible to upgrade memories once you have installed SDL Suite 2007, I am told by the help-info.
But when I try to install Trados Suite 2007 I get a message stating that a previous version of this product is already installed on my computer and that I have to uninstall it.

Problem is, I don't have SDL Suite 2007 installed. I do have:
SDL Trados 7 Freelance and SDLX Lite installed. I thought the problem might be SDLX Lite, so I tried to uninstall it. But that doesn't work because when I click on change/remove I get the message that I must uninstall SDLX before I can install SDLX-Lite.
But I do not want to installl anything, I want to UNinstall SDLX Lite.

I have no idea how to solve this problem and at the moment this means that I cannot use Trados Suite 2009 which is a shame because I paid a lot of money for it.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Does anyone know how to solve it?

Help would be very much appreciated!

Sara

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Uninstall Trados 7 and install SDL Trados 2007 Suite Apr 18, 2011

This is a prerequisite necessary to be able to upgrade your TMs.

Sara Kampman  Identity Verified
Netherlands
English to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Apr 18, 2011

Wow!
It really was that simple!

I read somewhere that it was possible to use old and new versions next to each other so that's why I didn't remove Trados 7.
Turns out that was the problem all along.

It works now!

Thanks for your help!!!!

Kind regards, Sara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot open 'old' memories in SDL Suite 2009

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search