Cannot download Studio SP3 / Multiterm SP4 from SDL My Download section?!
Thread poster: David Jessop

David Jessop  Identity Verified
Spain
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 18, 2011

Hello...

I feel a bit daft asking this question but I am not sure what to do. I purchased Studio a few months ago with the option of installing on two computers. I just purchased a new computer and would like to install Studio. I have successfully installed Trados 2007 as part of my license agreement but the My Downloads section is not allowing me to to download either Studio or Multiterm.

When I click Download in the proper section, a pop-up window comes up that says:
... See more
Hello...

I feel a bit daft asking this question but I am not sure what to do. I purchased Studio a few months ago with the option of installing on two computers. I just purchased a new computer and would like to install Studio. I have successfully installed Trados 2007 as part of my license agreement but the My Downloads section is not allowing me to to download either Studio or Multiterm.

When I click Download in the proper section, a pop-up window comes up that says: "CAUTION: Before you upgrade to our latest SP3 version, please read this article regarding connectivity.Also, if you are upgrading SDL Trados Studio, please don't forget to update your installation of SDL MultiTerm to SP4 at the same time. " I can choose Cancel or Continue.

Clicking Continue, even after reading the article, the pop-up window simply disappears. This happens for both MultiTerm and Studio. I have tried on two different browsers on two different computers. When using Windows Explorer, it says there are errors on the page. I have also attempted the Alternative download via FTP option but to no avail. Note that I was able to download Trados 2007 from this very site with no problems at all.

Has anyone experienced this issue? Anyone know what to do? Am I doing something wrong? I need to download these two programs immediately.

I have submitted a support request to SDL but being the usual unhelpful vendor that they demonstrate themselves to be in almost all situations, they have not provided a response.

Thanks for any ideas.

David
Collapse

Lutz Molderings  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 03:26
German to English
+ ...
... Apr 18, 2011

[Edited at 2011-04-18 12:39 GMT]

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:26
Member (1970)
English
Unhelpful SDL Support Apr 18, 2011

David Jessop wrote:
I have submitted a support request to SDL but being the usual unhelpful vendor that they demonstrate themselves to be in almost all situations, they have not provided a response.

I would be interested to know what route you went to ask for Support? So many users make a comment like this when they have not asked Support at all, but have used some other route to try and get help. I think we are very helpful, despite being known by some as "the usual unhelpful vendor".

I have just tried to download the files from your account and this worked without a problem. I click on continue and a window comes up with the usual option to Run, Save or Cancel. Maybe the window is there but behind yours? Perhaps you can try a different browser?

If none of that works you should try the Solution Finder like this:

http://kb.sdl.com/display/2/index.aspx?tab=sf

Select "Download and Installation Problems" from the meu on the left, and then go though these options:

- I have a problem with downloading my software.
-------Downloading is slow, hangs, does not start, or times out.
-----------I have followed all instructions from the article, but I still have a
-----------problem downloading my software.

This will bring up the support form where you can log your request.

If this is what you tried when you contacted Support today then you need to give them a little time to respond. They are pretty good and are back within a day normally.

If you did this and are still waiting then drop me an email on pfilkin@sdl.com and I will make them available to you via my ftp.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Cannot download Studio SP3 / Multiterm SP4 from SDL My Download section?!

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
BaccS – an SDL product
Modern translation business management for freelancers and agencies

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search