Runtime error analyse/translate - Workbench 2007
Thread poster: Ejvind Rosenberg

Ejvind Rosenberg
Local time: 19:05
Danish to English
+ ...
Apr 19, 2011

I have a 15,000 word doc that causes problems. When trying to analyze or translate at, say, 100% match in SDL Trados 2007/FL, Trados crashes with the infamous message:

"Runtime error! Program C:\P... - This application has requested to terminate the runtiime in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

I have tried with an empty TM and an existing one, same result. I have saved the source document as a Doc file, and as an RTF file, and back again as a Doc file (as suggested by someone in this forum - but to no avail.

I have deleted all complex pictures and heavy formatting. Same result. I have divided the doc into shorter parts (starting with 30 pages, down to five pages).

After 35-40 experiments I have isolated the problem to p. 1-3 as the culprit, containing the list of contents, which I deleted. Same result.

What is left is a 2 pp doc. with plain text, the most "difficult" formatting and coding being bold text, which really shouldn't be a cause for concern. Trados still crashes.

I have updated C++ 2005 + 2008 with MS security patches. Same result.

Apparently the cause is to be found somewhere on p. 1-2. Having isolated the rest of the document in a separate file that permits analyzing/translating solves part of the problem, but it would be nice to have a cure all for this annoyance to save the extra work of retyping the first few pages and making a new list of contents

Having searched the Internet for this issue I still haven't come across a viable solution. Apparently this issue has been around for quite a number of years, but Trados/SDL does not appear to provide any solution.

Any ideas??

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Runtime error analyse/translate - Workbench 2007

Advanced search

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search