Runtime error analyse/translate - Workbench 2007
Thread poster: Ejvind Rosenberg (X)

Ejvind Rosenberg (X)
Local time: 07:22
Danish to English
+ ...
Apr 19, 2011

I have a 15,000 word doc that causes problems. When trying to analyze or translate at, say, 100% match in SDL Trados 2007/FL, Trados crashes with the infamous message:

"Runtime error! Program C:\P... - This application has requested to terminate the runtiime in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information"

I have tried with an empty TM and an existing one, same result. I have saved the source document as a Doc file, and as an RTF file, and back again as a Doc file (as suggested by someone in this forum - but to no avail.

I have deleted all complex pictures and heavy formatting. Same result. I have divided the doc into shorter parts (starting with 30 pages, down to five pages).

After 35-40 experiments I have isolated the problem to p. 1-3 as the culprit, containing the list of contents, which I deleted. Same result.

What is left is a 2 pp doc. with plain text, the most "difficult" formatting and coding being bold text, which really shouldn't be a cause for concern. Trados still crashes.

I have updated C++ 2005 + 2008 with MS security patches. Same result.

Apparently the cause is to be found somewhere on p. 1-2. Having isolated the rest of the document in a separate file that permits analyzing/translating solves part of the problem, but it would be nice to have a cure all for this annoyance to save the extra work of retyping the first few pages and making a new list of contents

Having searched the Internet for this issue I still haven't come across a viable solution. Apparently this issue has been around for quite a number of years, but Trados/SDL does not appear to provide any solution.

Any ideas??

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Runtime error analyse/translate - Workbench 2007

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
Déjà Vu X3
Try it, Love it

Find out why Déjà Vu is today the most flexible, customizable and user-friendly tool on the market. See the brand new features in action: *Completely redesigned user interface *Live Preview *Inline spell checking *Inline

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search