John Moran  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 06:09
Member (2004)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 19, 2011

Hi all,

I am gathering information on how to program the Trados SDK. It seems to be a bit poor in terms of information and resources for software developers.

What I am missing is:

A forum or communinity where translators can ask each other questions if they get stuck.

A book on the topic. I know this is highly unlikely but I thought I would ask.

What I have from the SDK is an API and some examples. I managed to get
... See more
Hi all,

I am gathering information on how to program the Trados SDK. It seems to be a bit poor in terms of information and resources for software developers.

What I am missing is:

A forum or communinity where translators can ask each other questions if they get stuck.

A book on the topic. I know this is highly unlikely but I thought I would ask.

What I have from the SDK is an API and some examples. I managed to get one of them working in Visual Studio 2008 under Windows XP. Windows7 did not work because of a read only setting in the Program Files directory which I will have to address at some point.

I am looking at using the Trados API for some work for a PhD, which is looking at MT post=editing.

If anybody knows of an information source for the SDK beyond the SDK inteself I would be most grateful. If anyone knows of a group like TW_USERS on zahoo groups for the SDK I would be very grateful for a pointer. Any examples of apps that are open source would also be great. Finally, if there is any interest I would be happy to set up and moderate an Internet forum on google groups.

Best,

John Moran
Collapse

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:09
Member (1970)
English
How to get help with the Open Exchange Apr 20, 2011

Hi John,

What I have from the SDK is an API and some examples.

It makes this sound quite limited... whereas I think the documentation and examples are really very detailed and informative. However, I agree that a developers forum for these things would indeed be useful.

We are planning to this, and more, over the course of this year but these things take a little while to get going and most developers have been able to get help by using the sdk-feedback@sdl.com email address and I would encourage you to use this for the time being.

Once the forum has been set up all developers who are currently signed up will receive details of how to login, and then we will automatically add all new signees from that point forward.

Regards

Paul

John Moran  Identity Verified
Ireland
Local time: 06:09
Member (2004)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks May 6, 2011

I'll email my question to that address but in the meantime if anyone wants me to set up a forum for the Trados SDK which is separate from SDL please email me at moranj3 "at" cs.tcd.ie.

Best regards,

John

[Bijgewerkt op 2011-05-06 15:55 GMT]

Daniel García
English to Spanish
+ ...
Why not this forum? May 7, 2011

J
I'll email my question to that address but in the meantime if anyone wants me to set up a forum for the Trados SDK which is separate from SDL please email me at moranj3 "at" cs.tcd.ie.

I guess you can just post your questions about the SDK in this very same forum. People have done it in the past. I don't see a problem.

Daniel

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados SDK & App Exchange Program

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2019 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 250,000 translators.

SDL Trados Studio 2019 has evolved to bring translators a brand new experience. Designed with user experience at its core, Studio 2019 transforms how new users get up and running, helps experienced users make the most of the powerful features.

More info »
WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search