Thread poster: Mara Campbell
Mara Campbell
Mara Campbell
Argentina
Local time: 15:49
Spanish to English
+ ...
Apr 20, 2011

Hi! I am using Quark 9 and I need to install the Story Collector dll so that I can export my Quark file into QSC, to be able to import into Trados and translate.

A few questions:
1. Is Story Collector free?
2. Where can I download it? I have an old dll but it only works for Quark 6, already tried it in Quark 9 to no avail.
3. Is there any other way to produce a QSC file without Story Collector? Or any other file I can open in Trados, for that matter.
4. I hav
... See more
Hi! I am using Quark 9 and I need to install the Story Collector dll so that I can export my Quark file into QSC, to be able to import into Trados and translate.

A few questions:
1. Is Story Collector free?
2. Where can I download it? I have an old dll but it only works for Quark 6, already tried it in Quark 9 to no avail.
3. Is there any other way to produce a QSC file without Story Collector? Or any other file I can open in Trados, for that matter.
4. I have to deliver my final Quark translated file in Mac format. Does anybody know if I will have trouble converting from PC to Mac once I finish the translation? (I have both Mac and PC; my plan was to open the original Mac file in my PC, convert to QSC, translate in Trados, import back into Quark for PC, do the DTP and then open the final file in Mac for final touch-ups and delivery to client).

Thanks for your help.
Mara
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Story Collector for Quark 9 in a PC

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »