SDLX, Build 7080 sometimes does not start for unknown reason
Thread poster: bkytransl

bkytransl
Bulgaria
Local time: 09:37
French to German
+ ...
Apr 21, 2011

Hi, I am new here and have a problem with SDLX. There are days when SDLX simply does not start, not even the smaller windows with all the buttons in it (Edit, QA-Check etc.).

I click several times on the button, the hard disk runs and runs, but SDLX even though is not even indicated in the task manager processes.

If it starts, it takes very long until it appears on the screen. Does anyone have an idea? Update: I need help very urgently because a large order needs to be translated and I don't get it to run again. I have no idea how to proceed, whether or not to uninstall Trados 2007, since SDLX seems to be integrated in it, or what else to to. Please if any one is able, let me know what to do.

[Bearbeitet am 2011-04-21 18:41 GMT]

[Bearbeitet am 2011-04-21 21:50 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

bkytransl
Bulgaria
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Is there anybody who can help me? SDLX does not even newly install!!!! Apr 22, 2011

I am in urgent need to receive any hint who to resolve this problem, is there nobody who has an idea how to install SDLX again? It does not work!

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:37
Italian to English
reboot and single click Apr 22, 2011

I don't use SDLX any more but I did for a long time. This problem happened a few times but I usually found that it happened when I double clicked on the icon rather than single clicking. I guess the program was booted twice and the two interfered with each other. This isn't a real remedy but try turning off the computer, rebooting, wait until the computer has run all its... whatever, and then single click on the icon. It should open.
Hope this helps.

bkytransl
Bulgaria
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
SDLX deinstalled and newly installed, with 2 tries, but greyed out functions now Apr 22, 2011

Eileen Cartoon wrote:

I don't use SDLX any more but I did for a long time. This problem happened a few times but I usually found that it happened when I double clicked on the icon rather than single clicking. I guess the program was booted twice and the two interfered with each other. This isn't a real remedy but try turning off the computer, rebooting, wait until the computer has run all its... whatever, and then single click on the icon. It should open.
Hope this helps.

Thanks for your reply. At least I see that this problem might not just occur in my case. I tried all of this before, but nothing helped.

Only this time when I checked the Task Manager I saw that even though there was no SDLX application launched, the sdlx.exe was active under processes.

As I anyway had a licence problem with Trados 2007 (all of a sudden I got the message that my product was not activated, which is not true), I deinstalled the entire SDL 2007 package and installed it newly.m The first time it did not install completely, instead, the harddisk was running like crazy and nothing happened. At the same time, Trados Tag Editor was completely installed and also startable with all the functions. Then I rebooted and tried to install SDLX separately, which was successful the second time.

Now SDLX is starting again without problems, with the newest build 7080 installed, and I also succeeded in activating it again. BUT:

Now there are lots of functions greyed out, e. g. the important functions "Undo" or "Enable Multiple TMs", and many more. What is this, how can I abolish this fault? There is no crazier thing than to be under enormous time pressure and the same during a holiday when no professional help is available.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDLX, Build 7080 sometimes does not start for unknown reason

Advanced search

WordFinder Unlimited
For clarity and excellence

WordFinder is the leading dictionary service that gives you the words you want anywhere, anytime. Access 260+ dictionaries from the world's leading dictionary publishers in virtually any device. Find the right word anywhere, anytime - online or offline.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search