Italian to English
+ ...

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 19:10
French to German
+ ...
Did you return your license? Apr 25, 2011

If you want to transfer your license to another PC, you first need to return it.

I do not know what happened when you activated on your new PC because you did not say what message you received after completing this. In order to know whether your license is in use or not, go to your customer account. Under 'My licences', you can check whether your license is in use or still available.
If it is in use, you first need to return it. If the activation is on the PC that "died", you obviously cannot do this anymore and will have to contact SDL so that they reset your license. ou can do this from kb.sdl.com under "Licensing Issues".

Until yo get this solved you can still go on using the SW within the 30 day trial period. The only thing you need to do is to click on "Continue in evaluation mode" (or similar, I can't remember exactly what it is called) every time you launch Studio.

You will also find a lot of useful information on licensing here:
http://blog.sdl.com/blog/2011/02/sdl-trados-video-help-series.html

Walter

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Licensing

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search