SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance - Invalid License error
Thread poster: ca_lop

ca_lop  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
Apr 22, 2011

Hello,

Today I purchased SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance Plus. The product included Trados 2007, Multiterm SP4 and SDLX. I installed these programs correctly, but when installing Trados 2009 and trying to activate the license, an error that reads "you must enter a valid license to run SDL Trados Studio 2009" pops up. I checked the activation code and it was the correct one, I have not introduced trados 2007 code. I have submitted a report to SDL suppor earlier, but received no answer yet. I tried to return the license (which appears as "in use") and uninstall and install again the software. I tried entering the activation code opening the License Manager. I tried downloading and running the .exe file again. Nothing worked. When opening Passolo this message appears:
Check for local dongle:
Dongle driver not found or server not up (SP_SERVER_PROBABLY_NOT_UP)
Check for license file:
FlexLM returns error -1 (Can't find license file)
Check for FlexLM online activation
FlexLM returns error -5 (No such feature exists)

Can you please help me?

Thanks in advance.

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 19:10
French to German
+ ...
Check what 'License Manager' says Apr 25, 2011

If you click on 'View Activated Licenses' in License Manager, you can see exactly which licenses are active and which not (expired).
You can also return an active license by clicking on the button 'Return License'.
If there is no license shown for Studio, it means you probably have not activated it. Check again that you have used the correct activation code (there are separate ones for 2007 and Studio 2009).

Why do you mention Passolo? Which version of Passolo is this? The version shipping and installed with Studio does not require any license. Do you have an older version of Passolo installed on that PC? If you do not need Passolo, I suggest that you completely uninstall it.

Also check that you do not have a link to a License Server. In License Manager, click on 'License Locations' and remove any unused license file locations.

Check that you don't have 'License Server' installed and running on this machine.

You say that you ordered the Freelance Plus version. Did you already activate the product on your second PC? What does it say in your customer account about the number of used and available licenses?

Walter

[Bearbeitet am 2011-04-25 11:08 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

SDL Trados Studio 2009 Freelance - Invalid License error

Advanced search

SDL Trados Studio 2017 for €415/$495 with free eLearning
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 For this month only – receive SDL Trados Studio 2017 - Getting Started eLearning for FREE.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search