Trados 7 freelance: problem with the clean up
Thread poster: VCampilongo

VCampilongo
Italy
English to Italian
+ ...
Apr 22, 2011

Good morning everybody!

I have just finished translating some files in Trados 7 (Word 2003) and must clean up now... do not know if it's relevant, bu I am using a TM the agency gave me (connecting on their server).
When I go to the options menu in Workbench, the only thing I can select is Concordance... so, I cannot select Clean up . I am now cleaning them with the macro tw4winCleanmain... But why cannot I do the clean up as usual?

Thanks eveybody for the help

Direct link Reply with quote

Enote  Identity Verified
Local time: 04:30
Member (2007)
English to Russian
simple cleaning Apr 22, 2011

I do not use Trados for Word, so I cannot help you with its functions.
But there is one simple method for bilingual translation cleaning - with standard MS Word Find and Replace dialogue (Ctrl/H). Both fields for Find and Replace should be empty, but you should select Hidden font (text) format for Find.
Good luck

Alexandra Lindqvist
Local time: 04:30
English to Swedish
+ ...
Clean up Apr 22, 2011

I hope you have solved this problem allready! In Trados 2007 clean up is found under the tools meny. You click on clean up select the file "drag and drop" is the easiest way and then in clean up should work. Make a copy of the file in case you want the uncleaned version too since it will "dissapear" when the file is cleaned.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 7 freelance: problem with the clean up

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL Trados Studio 2017 only €415 / $495
Get the cheapest prices for SDL Trados Studio 2017 on ProZ.com

Join this translator’s group buy brought to you by ProZ.com and buy SDL Trados Studio 2017 Freelance for only €415 / $495 / £325 / ¥60,000 You will also receive FREE access to our getting started eLearning program!

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search