Exception "System Out Of Memory Exception" was thrown when trying to save the target
Thread poster: spamalot

spamalot
Germany
Local time: 12:35
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
Apr 22, 2011

Hi all,
I am having a problem with a giganto file of some 77K words in the source Word file (ridiculous 350KB.)
It opened easily in Trados and the translation is going fine in the bilingual Trados doc for Trados 9 Studio version. But when I tried to save the target and/or generate a "test" target file, it gave me the error "system out of memory".
After that I divided the giganto source into parts of ea. 100 pages and created a project. That didn't work either, and it neither worked when I took the smaller parts as individual translation files.
The Trados bilingual has no tags, no anything, plain text with headers and footers. I don't know what to do. If anyone has a suggestion what might help, I'll greatly appreciate
Thanks so much,
spamalot

Direct link Reply with quote

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
Does the problem persist after restarting Studio? Apr 23, 2011

This problem tends to appear after having worked for a while with Studio, but usually goes away after restart.

spamalot
Germany
Member (2009)
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Sorry to say no Apr 25, 2011

Thank you very much for your reply, but I had tried that too, plus also closing all other applications and the browser, but it is still giving me the same error.
One thing I can think of is that the original-original seems to have been an rtf format and Trados doesn't like that -- the agency was so nice to send a Word conversion of that. Perhaps that might have to do with it.... got another large file that is still in rtf and works out fine when putting it out as the target file, but looks annoying in Trados with all sorts of weird tags, but that file is no problem.
In case you also happen to know how to "lose" tags from the source when in Trados, I'd like to hear that too -- LOL
Really, the giganto file is not putting itself out -- I wrote the agency, they got technicians and I told them I can adjust the layouts if they can send me a "raw" version of the target file in Word.....
In case anyone knows -- do share your insight, there are people (me) who don't know that secret
Best, spamalot

Erudites  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:05
Danish to English
+ ...
Restarting trados worked for me Apr 16, 2012

[Edited at 2012-04-16 12:44 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exception "System Out Of Memory Exception" was thrown when trying to save the target

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search