Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:59
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Apr 25, 2011

Hello,

When I try turning on the word spelling checker 2.0 in the Tag Editor I get the error message: "This plug-in does not have a user interface".

I am using Trados 2007 (I have also the 2009 installed). I am using word 2007. I turned off WINWORD.EXE, made sure the the spelling checker works within word, restarted my PC, but nothing helped.

Does anyone have an idea how to solve this?

Thank you.

Direct link Reply with quote

Alexandra Lindqvist
Local time: 17:59
English to Swedish
+ ...
Same problem Apr 25, 2011

I don't have a solution to this problem but I just wanted to tell you that you're not alone. I also have this problem.

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
The Winword spell-checker has no options Apr 25, 2011

You get this message when you click on the button 'Properties' because the Word spell-checker does not have any configurable properties from within Tag Editor.
But there is no need to do this. The only thing you need to do is to tick the checkmark in front of 'Spelling Checkers' and the radio button in front of "Microsoft Word Spelling Checker 2.0". That is it. Once you have done this, TE will use Word's spell-checker when you hit F7.

Walter

Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Walter, Apr 25, 2011

you are right, it works fine now.

Alexandra Speirs  Identity Verified
Italian to English
+ ...
can't find these commands Apr 27, 2011

Walter Blaser wrote:

The only thing you need to do is to tick the checkmark in front of 'Spelling Checkers' and the radio button in front of "Microsoft Word Spelling Checker 2.0".

Where do you find the checkmark and radio button?
I'm using TagEditor, Version 8.0 and looked under Tools > Options, but can't find anything like that.
Only "Spelling Checker Options" with 3 boxes ...

Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Spelling checker Apr 27, 2011

Alexandra Speirs wrote:

Walter Blaser wrote:

The only thing you need to do is to tick the checkmark in front of 'Spelling Checkers' and the radio button in front of "Microsoft Word Spelling Checker 2.0".

Where do you find the checkmark and radio button?
I'm using TagEditor, Version 8.0 and looked under Tools > Options, but can't find anything like that.
Only "Spelling Checker Options" with 3 boxes ...

Go to Tools -> Plug-ins, and there you'll find it.

Bogdan Dusa  Identity Verified
Romania
English to Romanian
+ ...
Check spelling when closing a segment May 2, 2011

How can I have spelling automatically checked when I close a segment? The Help index says:
When you activate a spelling checker plug-in from the Plug-ins dialog box, the Spelling tab becomes available in the Options dialog box. Use this tab to define settings for the spell-checking plug-ins. The available options are outlined below.

Check spelling when closing a segment: Select this option if you wish TagEditor to automatically check spelling in your target text each time you confirm a translation and close a segment.

But how do I get to this Options dialog box? When I push the Properties button for Microsoft Word Spelling Checker 2.0 among the Spelling Checkers, I also get the error message: "This plug-in does not have a user interface".

Thank you!

Germany
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Bogdan, you are looking in the wrong place. May 2, 2011

In the menu bar go to Tools > Options and then open the Spelling tab. There you'll find it.

Stefan Stefanov  Identity Verified
Bulgaria
English to Bulgarian
+ ...
MS spell checker suddenly stopped Apr 1, 2012

Hello,

Sorry to revive an old thread but the issue doesn't seem worth a whole new discussion...

I was working yesterday in TagEditor (8.2.0.835 build 836, latest AFAIK), and MS Word Spell Checker 2.0 was working just fine. I've just started reviewing my translation and found out that the spell checker won't work - it thinks 90% of words are misspelt and doesn't open any suggestions.

I encountered the same problems as described by previous users. In another thread, I saw someone recommending to check if Winword.exe was running and "kill" it. I t wasn't. So, I decided to the the opposite - I started it and left an open MS Word document - and it the Spell checker is now working... weird. Just thought I should share my experience as it might help someone.

Ingeborg Gonizzi  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2007)
French to Dutch
+ ...
No way to get spelling checker back to work Apr 11, 2012

Suddenly, my spelling checker stopped working, don't ask me why. I've gone through all the possibilities you mention below (turned instances of word.exe on and off, restarted the computer), but nothing helps.

When I go to Plug-ins, the three spelling checker options are greyed out. If I double click on either of them, I get the message that 'the plug-in does not have a user interface'. My spelling checker in MS Office is working fine however.

Anyone a good suggestion?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spelling checker does not work in Tag Editor

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2017
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2017 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2017 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search