Irina Gladkova  Identity Verified
Ukraine
Local time: 08:54
Member (2010)
English to Russian
+ ...
Apr 25, 2011

Hello!

I have a serious problem with my Trados Studio 2009 and don't know how to solve it.

I have a huge package of 94 files, on which I've been working for 2 months. I was close to the completion but today something strange happened.

I was working on one of the files and then decide to make a pause. I saved the files, but didn't close the program window.

I an hour I came back and tried to open my file to continue. At first I noticed the there isn't the tab "Files" in the left field. I opened the tab "Projects", selected my current project and didn't manage to open it.

I received the following message:

Translation from Russian (by the way, why Russian? It seems, Trados wasn't russified yet. Maybe it's a system error?...):

Failed to activate project XXX: Failed to load project from:
D:\YYY\YYY\YYY\XXX.sdlproj':
There is an error in the document XML (2117, 161).
Unspecified file end by breakdown. Name. Line 2117, Position 161.

When I go to the package folder I see all the files, translated and untranslated, TM, termbases, I can even open them in Trados separatly.
It seems, the package itself was damage. But why? And what can I do now?

Thank you in advance!

[Редактировалось 2011-04-25 23:11 GMT]

Direct link Reply with quote

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP! Can't open a package in Trados Studio 2009 SP3

Advanced search

PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »
memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search