Thread poster: Ave Rosenthal-Juhkam

Ave Rosenthal-Juhkam
Estonia
Local time: 08:12
English to Estonian
+ ...
Apr 26, 2011

Hi there,

I have purchased SDL Studio 2009 but am having problems with getting started. I have used Trados 7.0 Freelance in the past, and found it quite easy to learn, but the new version... is a tough cooky.

Does anyone have a simple A-B-C guide how to start with the simplest functions like opening a .doc file, translating, closing each segment and updating the TM when saving the document?

I would appreciate a lot if someone could give some good hints (an
... See more
Hi there,

I have purchased SDL Studio 2009 but am having problems with getting started. I have used Trados 7.0 Freelance in the past, and found it quite easy to learn, but the new version... is a tough cooky.

Does anyone have a simple A-B-C guide how to start with the simplest functions like opening a .doc file, translating, closing each segment and updating the TM when saving the document?

I would appreciate a lot if someone could give some good hints (and not to spend a day browsing the user's manual and still finding that the only way to understand SDL is to pay some extra money for participating a training in SDL).

With many thanks, Ave
Collapse

Giles Watson  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 07:12
Italian to English
In memoriam
Have you tried looking at the videos? Apr 26, 2011

There are plenty of free video tutorials on how to do various things in Studio:

http://www.translationzone.com/en/support/video-tutorials/

The links in the sidebar on this page are also quite useful.

If you browse these, and use the context-sensitive help function in Studio for further information, it shouldn't take you too long to get up a
... See more
There are plenty of free video tutorials on how to do various things in Studio:

http://www.translationzone.com/en/support/video-tutorials/

The links in the sidebar on this page are also quite useful.

If you browse these, and use the context-sensitive help function in Studio for further information, it shouldn't take you too long to get up and running.

Good luck!
Collapse

Ave Rosenthal-Juhkam
Estonia
Local time: 08:12
English to Estonian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Giles! Apr 26, 2011

... will start the process... thanks. Ave

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Getting started SDL Studio 2009

Advanced search

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »
PerfectIt consistency checker
Faster Checking, Greater Accuracy

PerfectIt helps deliver error-free documents. It improves consistency, ensures quality and helps to enforce style guides. It’s a powerful tool for pro users, and comes with the assurance of a 30-day money back guarantee.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search