Thread poster: Dominika Lupa

Dominika Lupa  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:56
English to Polish
+ ...
Apr 26, 2011

Hello,

I am an IDIOT and saved an open package in Studio with the "Save all" option (and forgot to open a TM for that in the meantime). Than I left the office and when I came back my computer automatically updated some stuff and turned off and on again.

And the whole translation is gone.

Any chance that the "save all" option saved it somewhere in my computer?? I am kinda desperate

Thanks for any clue

Dominika

Direct link Reply with quote

Walter Blaser  Identity Verified
Switzerland
French to German
+ ...
Everything should be in your project folder Apr 26, 2011

If you did a 'Save all', your bilingual document should have been updated. In addition, all the segments that you have confirmed will be in the TM that were assigned to your project.

Your project folder contains everything. You only need to go to the Projects view, make sure that the correct project is selected (must appear in bold, if not double-click on the line), then move to the 'Files' view and click on the document you want to go on translating.

In case you did not save the SDLXLIFF, you can at least start from the beginning and you will get all matches from the TM while you go on.

Should the project not appear in the list of projects, go to 'File - Open - Project' and navigate to the folder where you stored your project and open it.

This is one of the advantages of Studio: it is very difficult to lose your documents; one really needs to do it on purpose.

Walter

Dominika Lupa  Identity Verified
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Walter Apr 26, 2011

but unfortunately it seems, that the worst happened - I cannot find it anywhere and somehow the segments are not in the TM...

My fault - my lesson to learn

But thanks for advice!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Lost translation in Studio

Advanced search

memoQ translator pro
Kilgray's memoQ is the world's fastest developing integrated localization & translation environment rendering you more productive and efficient.

With our advanced file filters, unlimited language and advanced file support, memoQ translator pro has been designed for translators and reviewers who work on their own, with other translators or in team-based translation projects.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search