Thread poster: Sandra Guggisberg

Sandra Guggisberg  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 15:38
English to German
+ ...
Apr 28, 2011

Hi everybody

I just tried several times to convert a G-F excel spreadsheet for a termbase with the same settings as I've always done. However, 0 entries are converted successfully, and when I look at the .log file, it shows this error message for all French entries: "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

What does this mean? I've converted much larger files than this one, so it can't be the size of the sheet...?

I'm really quite stuck here and would appreciate any help you can give.

Thanks in advance!
- Sandra

Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison
United States
Local time: 08:38
English to Polish
+ ...
Same error Nov 4, 2011

I'm getting the exact same error. Another sheet from the same file got converted without problems, this one keeps throwing an error.
Excel 2007
Multiterm 2011

RWSTranslation
Germany
Local time: 15:38
Member (2007)
German to English
+ ...
Special characters... Nov 4, 2011

Hallo,
take a look there:
http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/202112-progress_bar_in_multiterm_convert_shows_no_progress.html

Most of the "MTConvert" errors are due to a "bad data". The Excel files have to be clean to be exported.

Sébastien

Joanna Wachowiak-Finlaison
United States
Local time: 08:38
English to Polish
+ ...
What worked Nov 4, 2011

What actually worked was creating a new Excell sheet and then manually copying and pasting the entries. By manually I mean not copying entire columns - that did not work - but highlighting all entries and moving them this way (I hope I'm making sense).

[Edited at 2011-11-04 19:30 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MultiTerm Convert Error: "Index was outside the bounds of the array"

Advanced search

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search