Trados Studio 2009 and TagEditor 2007 do not recognize certain formatting tags from XML files
Thread poster: Daniel Hartmeier

Daniel Hartmeier  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:28
English to German
+ ...
Apr 28, 2011

Hi,
I have to translate a series of XML files. First I tried with Trados TagEditor 2007 and set up an ini file (importing some of the files to be translated) for XML.
The translatable text includes many elements that should have been recognized as tags: br strong p em (with their respective < > symbols that can't be shown here)
These are the worst, as they come up very often.

The same happen in Sdl Trados Studio 2009.

How can modify the ini file to have these elements recognized as tags and not as editable text?
Thank you
Daniel

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:28
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
These are html tags Apr 28, 2011

First in T2007 you need to import ALL files to create the ini.
Second the tags you mention are html tags - there is somewhere a description how to parse html tags in xml ini in Trados.
Maybe this can help you http://producthelp.sdl.com/SDL%20Trados%20Studio/client_en/File_Types/Configure_EmbedCont_in_XML_Files.htm

Daniel Hartmeier  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:28
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Did not work, is there a solution ith TagEditor 2007? Apr 29, 2011

Thank you Jerzy,
I was following the instructions of this link. However I got always the same result.
At the point where I have to enter the content in the XPath box, " //*[@translate='yes'] in the example, I am not sure what to enter. I tried with the same text, and with "Full Text", which is a tag before the main text, where most of the HTML tags are. But the HTML tags are not recognized.

Maybe it is easier to resolve this with Trados 2007 (I imported now all the xml files to translate to create the ini file). Any tip on how to resolve this?
Thank you
Daniel Hartmeier

Jerzy Czopik  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:28
Member (2003)
Polish to German
+ ...
There should be a similar solution for T2007 Apr 29, 2011

but unfortunately I do not know it.
It utilizes REGEX and I am an expert in that.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados Studio 2009 and TagEditor 2007 do not recognize certain formatting tags from XML files

Advanced search

BaccS – Business Accounting Software
Modern desktop project management for freelance translators

BaccS makes it easy for translators to manage their projects, schedule tasks, create invoices, and view highly customizable reports. User-friendly, ProZ.com integration, community-driven development – a few reasons BaccS is trusted by translators!

More info »
SDL MultiTerm 2019
Guarantee a unified, consistent and high-quality translation with terminology software by the industry leaders.

SDL MultiTerm 2019 allows translators to create one central location to store and manage multilingual terminology, and with SDL MultiTerm Extract 2019 you can automatically create term lists from your existing documentation to save time.

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search