Error codes 50040/1 when trying to reinstall Studio 2009 on new laptop
Thread poster: carl01

carl01
German to English
May 2, 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to install SDL Trados Studio 2009 on a new laptop after my old one broke down irretrievably.

The downloaded files install ok, but my licence code is not accepted when I try to activate online - I just get error code 50041 (and sometimes 50040).

I've tried returning the old licence, contacting SDL by email (no answer) and using the Live Chat system (total blank).

Can anyone tell me what I have to do to get working again?
... See more
Hello,

I'm trying to install SDL Trados Studio 2009 on a new laptop after my old one broke down irretrievably.

The downloaded files install ok, but my licence code is not accepted when I try to activate online - I just get error code 50041 (and sometimes 50040).

I've tried returning the old licence, contacting SDL by email (no answer) and using the Live Chat system (total blank).

Thank you
Carl Thompson
Collapse

Graciela Rosso  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 10:34
English to Spanish
+ ...
trados new activation code May 2, 2011

Hi, I have the same problem. I contacted my supplier and
I got this answer from:

Please ask your client to enter a solution finder case :: Please ask your client to enter a solution finder case for her licensing issue here: http://talisma.sdl.com/index.aspx?t=sf

That will send the case directly to the licensing department. We cannot change licenses here, and licens
... See more
Hi, I have the same problem. I contacted my supplier and
I got this answer from:

Please ask your client to enter a solution finder case :: Please ask your client to enter a solution finder case for her licensing issue here: http://talisma.sdl.com/index.aspx?t=sf

That will send the case directly to the licensing department. We cannot change licenses here, and licensing needs a case so that they can find the user's information.

They sent instructions afterwords, but unfortunately I did not keep them.

It worked for me, I hope it does for you!
Collapse

carl01
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you May 2, 2011

Thanks very much, I'll give it a try.

SDL Community  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 15:34
Member (1970)
English
How did you try to contact support? May 2, 2011

carl01 wrote:

Hello,

Thank you
Carl Thompson

Hi,

If you don't have a support contract then you will not be able to contact SDL Support by email, and the live chat is not for technical support. This blog article explains quite well how to obtain support from SDL:

How to get support for SDL Products : http://tinyurl.com/SDLProductsSupport

The advice from gracielarosso was quite good as the solution finder is the way to go as this provides links to KB articles that you would find if you searched for these error codes in the KnowledgeBase and also provides you with the ability to contact SDL Support if none of the advice helps you in the meantime.

Please try this process and if you have still not received any help within a couple of days please come back and let us know.

Regards

Paul

carl01
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Solution finder May 2, 2011

I've been trying to enter a solution finder case for some hours now, but every time I fill in the form and press Submit, I get a window with this message:

(ARNOTE 10000)

Does this mean it's been submitted or not?

Eileen Cartoon  Identity Verified
Italian to English
Live chat is for licensing issues May 2, 2011

As far as I remember, the live chat is for licensing issues and since this seems to be the casue you should use it.
Eileen

carl01
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Now activated May 3, 2011

Thanks for the replies, it's now activated successfully.

You're right Eileen, you can get in touch with live chat about licensing problems.

United Kingdom
Member (1970)
English
Live Chat May 3, 2011

carl01 wrote:

Thanks for the replies, it's now activated successfully.

You're right Eileen, you can get in touch with live chat about licensing problems.

Hi,

Just to clarify. Live Chat is not for licensing issues. It is a tool used to help people with sales and product enquiries as they browse the website. If you received help from a helpful sales person who pointed you in the right direction or passed the query on then you were fortunate, but I would not encourage users to see this as the way to get help. When things get busy for sales it will only lead to frustration for you if you believe they should be helping and they do not.

The correct route is always the Solution Finder and you may even find that for some issues you will be able to resolve them yourselves by taking advice as it is presented to you.

Glad you were helped though

Regards

Paul

United Kingdom
Member (1970)
English
Solution Finder message May 3, 2011

carl01 wrote:

I've been trying to enter a solution finder case for some hours now, but every time I fill in the form and press Submit, I get a window with this message:

(ARNOTE 10000)

Does this mean it's been submitted or not?

Hi,

Thank you for this post. We upgraded the Knowledgebase two weeks ago and until now I had not noticed that the text that used to be in the message window you refer to was missing..! The upgraded KB is much better for finding information as the search is greatly enhanced, but this message is an oversight.

So yes, the message that was missing is the confirmation that that the case was submitted successfully.

Thanks again, we can look at making sure it is put back.

Regards

Paul

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Error codes 50040/1 when trying to reinstall Studio 2009 on new laptop

Advanced search

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use SDL Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

More info »

Forums
  • All of ProZ.com
  • Term search
  • Jobs
  • Forums
  • Multiple search